This all for Viper updates?

hawk4me

Arctander - you saved my day!!

Thank you very much for your wonderful post. It's nice to read how much fun you have with DCS. And I read many parallels.

I applied to the Luftwaffe, had top marks and a pilot's seat almost certainly, they noticed a heart defect and my life's dream burst. I had the chance to get my private pilot's license in early years, which is a lot of fun, but I am missing the A/A and the A/G mode in the Piper :cry: :D

My rig looks a bit like yours, although mine is by far not as well equipped as yours (only TM Warthog and MFD, old CH pedals that are changed at Christmas and Rift S). Imagine I just moved a few months ago and my big dream is a 6DoF platform. It just lacks time and money, but at some point I want to realize it.

And yes - I can totally understand one point with you. I myself have so little time (max. 1 evening per week) to play DCS and the worst thing that can happen is when something does not work. This refers to system- or hardware-related problems. As far as the airplanes are concerned, we are all free to fly those that work or are further developed. In this respect, it seems many of us want to protect the youngest babies of the developers...

Believe me or not, but you just collected an incredible amount of sympathy points from me. I take my hat off to you, especially that you showed us all how much fun you can have here. Great!

Yeah I can see clearly his perspective and out of what his very direct and frequent criticisms are coming from. Deep passion.

This genre of flight sim is so rarely ventured into by software developers and Eagle dynamic being the only one providing us a good platform to enjoy this amazing hobby, they need our support in both constructive criticism and patronage.

We all have stake in their success and so should show understanding patience considering the intricate nature of software development on a scale like this but equally call out bad moves when they occur.

They are (Eagle dynamic) are doing fairly okay and I trust with time they will deliver on their promises and we all will be happier for it.

Cheers.

Edit: Eagle dynamic support for VR completely nailed it for me and I hope much improvement will come on this aspect too.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Arctander

Believe me or not, but you just collected an incredible amount of sympathy points from me. I take my hat off to you, especially that you showed us all how much fun you can have here. Great!

Same here. First I thought you are just a typical "complainer", now I know you are just worried about the future of ED and our hobby.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Hi

....but it will take time and hard work.

Thanks

Thanks for the note BigNewy. This I think is the crux of the matter. It is all too easy for decision makers removed from the customer as time goes on for memories of missteps to fade, to take an easier road that doesn’t tackle the hard choices, and over time, unintentionally pressure to improve can fade, and it takes another shock to remember - and opportunity and time is lost.

Please continue to act internally to bring pressure to bear to tackle hard choices and really tackle community concerns to improve the ED internal processes, decisions and the end product we all love.

Thanks again.

• ED Team
Can a track file be made smaller with video editing software or some other way? The reason I ask is when we fly for 3-4 hours straight, that makes a large track file.

Thanks,

DB

No, right now there is no way to edit the length of the tracks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png