[NO BUG]CCIP with CBU 97s and mk 82s (so far) does not work

bcl816

If you press and hold the release button with that horizontal bar in place you are switched from CCIP to CCRP. That is what I think is confusing some people as the F-16 does this automatically and they think they were dropping in CCIP when, in fact, if done via the horizontal bar and weapons release hold that is a CCRP drop.

I thought I was going nuts. Thanks for this guidance.

So in this case how do we toss bomb an area with the CBU97? Or can you not do that?

I thought I was going nuts. Thanks for this guidance.

So in this case how do we toss bomb an area with the CBU97? Or can you not do that?

Best way I've figured out so far is to use CCRP, set up about 15 miles from target and use the TGP to get a good lock on the target area.

Dive down to 500 agl and wait until the drop timer gets about to 10 seconds, press and hold weapon release while pulling into a 30-40° climb and level out the climb at the angle.

Bombs will release and then you can dive away hard to avoid overflying the target.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

You can toss with DTOS, CCRP, or even theoretically CCIP provided there is enough delay. Once the target is designated in the mode one simply flies the airplane until release conditions are met. CCIP is impractical to toss with in most situations and DTOS isn't implemented yet so I will describe CCRP toss bombing which is also the one I recommend tossing is learned on anyway. CCRP (and LADD) specifically there are cues to help know when you're in toss range.

There is a restriction on release if fuzing height is greater than release height. The algorithm doesn't know how to solve "uphill" trajectories. Because the CBU-97 has such a high HOF make sure not to release from below that. You can however begin the toss maneuver below that as long as release is above.

With some ground-level steerpoint ~10nm away, AG master mode, CBU-97 selected, CCRP, master arm. Fly level at 5000-6000' in MIL until 4.0-4.5nm FCR range and then execute a 3-4g pull up while keeping the FPM on the ASL and WR held. You should have a CBU-97 release at 20-45 degrees flight path angle. The bomb releases at this angle to some maximum altitude and continues toward the designated target.

What you may ask is how you know when is the right time (distance) to begin the maneuver and this comes from HUD cues which have yet to be implemented or before-flight planning. When approaching a distant target with CCRP for a level release one should see the solution cue (short horizontal line similar to CCIP delay cue) march vertically down the azimuth steering line (ASL) to the FPM twice.The first event of solution cue meeting FPM (and 0:00 on the clock) tells the pilot that he is inside toss range for the bomb. There is also a bracket on the right side of the HUD near the altitude tape which shows slant ranges for level and max toss release on a 10nm scale. There is also a flashing circle showing the event of crossing inside the max toss range distance. The solution cue resets to the top of the ASL and marches down again to the FPM (again down to 0:00 on the clock) at which point the release solution event occurs. So what one does is watch for the solid/flashing circle event and begin the toss maneuver.

I've successfully done pure CCIP since the patch but I still think something is off with it as just as Airhunter states above the only way to do it is to start from like 20k feet and be very close as you must get into a very steep dive for it to not be CCIP to CCRP delivery.

Perhaps it is as he says and they added a huge drag value to the bomb thus to the calculations but the delivery is so radically different than pre patch that if the only thing that was added was the 1000 feet to BA then something is definitely wrong.

... the only way to do it is to start from like 20k feet and be very close as you must get into a very steep dive for it to not be CCIP to CCRP delivery.

Perhaps it is as he says and they added a huge drag value to the bomb thus to the calculations but the delivery is so radically different than pre patch that if the only thing that was added was the 1000 feet to BA then something is definitely wrong.

AFAIK the CBU-97 has always been high drag and required a steep dive angle i.e. 50° for a CCIP release in the A-10C.

Once released, the DCS CBU-97 falls with the same profile, whether it was dropped from a F-16C or A-10C.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080