[NO BUG]Gunsight bug

JG13Wulf

The gunsight didn't make up and down correction when changing the target size and distance.

Guns are set for 600 m (more or less) shot and center of the sight always placed for where the bullet are going to be "in 600m".

When shooting a plane at 200m, you have to place the plane a bit over the center of the sight as the bullet "goes up" when shooting.

I tried to make a video to show it (but that's not easy to be perfectly placed to show).

dcs.txt

Fw 190D.trk

I have feeling that i have seen this post already.

Yes but still no answer on it so I'm coming back again ...

Track was needed. Track was then posted (not by me). Still nothing from anybody. So I come with my log, track and video because it's an annoying bug :(

Nineline??

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• ED Team
The gunsight didn't make up and down correction when changing the target size and distance.

Guns are set for 600 m (more or less) shot and center of the sight always placed for where the bullet are going to be "in 600m".

When shooting a plane at 200m, you have to place the plane a bit over the center of the sight as the bullet "goes up" when shooting.

I tried to make a video to show it (but that's not easy to be perfectly placed to show).

These types of gunsight (for fighters) can not calculate elevation. They only calculate lead. Elevation feature was added only for bomber modifications of K-14, for example. The reason is that fighter shoots at any bank angles, so the information about gravity vector is not available.

So, not a bug, just real feature.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

These types of gunsight (for fighters) can not calculate elevation. They only calculate lead. Elevation feature was added only for bomber modifications of K-14, for example. The reason is that fighter shoots at any bank angles, so the information about gravity vector is not available.

So, not a bug, just real feature.

So the gunsight don't adjust the level of the sight to match the bullet trajectory like in the P51 ?

When setting the sight for 200m target distance the center stay at a 600m settings ?

It seems weird as it's a simple feature related to really simple mathematics and as pilot often shoot with stabilized planes. But ok.

I find short doc about EZ42 but not I'm not german. If it can intereset someone :

EZ 42 hand book.pdf

I find short doc about EZ42 but not I'm not german. If it can intereset someone :

On the first page of the description and theory of operation (Beschreibung und Wirkungsweise) it says "EZ42/1 für Bombenabwurf" which indicates that the document pertains to bomb use.

The document contains a link to a web site "www.cockpitinstrumente.de" which resolves to "http://ww6.cockpitinstrumente.de/" but it seems to be inactive. The domain is for sale.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

In order to use the sight for bombing, there's a special variant of it with some additional indications on the sight. For bombing, it needs to be fixed and set to the min. distance. That's what the manual says.

I couldn't find any indication about compensating for bullet ballistics, other than the additional device that is incuded with the sight which is used for adjusting the sight to the ballistics.

But on the other hand, the 20mm should be on the sight at 550m, and the 13mm at 450m, so this maybe needs some checking with the sight in fixed mode.

Edited by razo+r

• ED Team
In order to use the sight for bombing, there's a special variant of it with some additional indications on the sight. For bombing, it needs to be fixed and set to the min. distance. That's what the manual says.

I couldn't find any indication about compensating for bullet ballistics, other than the additional device that is incuded with the sight which is used for adjusting the sight to the ballistics.

But on the other hand, the 20mm should be on the sight at 550m, and the 13mm at 450m, so this maybe needs some checking with the sight in fixed mode.

The bullets and shells cross the line of sight twice, and the elevation between the crosses is not large.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

So can we set guns a little bit closer 600 m is a lot for aerial combat i think.

Could be interesting, but I think It would be better to have the ability to modifiy convergence point for each gun. That's another topic.

But I would love to have the option to switch from EZ 42 to classic revi in the mission editor (as not all the D9 had the EZ 42). Maybe a futur post in wishlist ... :music_whistling:

Until then, thanks for the answer !

Time to go improve at the shooting range to not miss anymore those Spitfire :pilotfly: