Question about targeting pod

hreich

I was learning LANTIRN pod operation in F-14 module, and i noticed that there are option to change the direction the sensor is pointed - ie, you can select waypoint, initial point, target location etc..Is there a possibility inside A-10C module to do the same?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Yes...

You can slave the TGP to steerpoints, markpoints and/or mission points.

Are you familiar with the concepts of SOI (Sensor Of Interest) and SPI (Sensor Point of Interest)?

Basically anything you can make SPI can have the TGP slaved to it. Even a Data Point or a Donor SPI from another Hog (as well as AI F-15s, F-16s, and (old model) Hornets.)

Bunyap’s “On The Range” series is great for learning the A-10C:

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Emmy is right and it's an incredible useful function. I couldn't imagine using the TGP without it! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Emmy is right and it's an incredible useful function. I couldn't imagine using the TGP without it! :thumbup:

Between HOTAS bindings that allow moving between Steer, Mark and Mission points and all the other switchology for targeting, I’m considering taking up the Clarinet! :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

I am familiar with the concepts of SOI (Sensor Of Interest) and SPI (Sensor Point of Interest)...But somehow i findt it easier in F14 to fiddle with LANTIRN

So there is keybinding to switch between Steer, Mark and Mission points , or do you need to do it through mfd buttons?

Hat/pov stick buttons is what i was using in F-14 on Lantirn stick , but never noticed there are hotas buttons for switching direction of targeting pod via waypoint in n A-10C..

Between HOTAS bindings that allow moving between Steer, Mark and Mission points and all the other switchology for targeting, I’m considering taking up the Clarinet! :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

It's actually pretty simple. You make the TGP your SOI (Coolie Hat right/left long, depending on which MFD you're using for your TGP) and then use the China Hat forward long to slew the TGP to your steerpoint. Alternatively, you can also slew it to your SPI (which can be the steerpoint too) with China Hat back long.

It's as comfortable as the LANTIRN, but offers much more options and flexibility.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I use the TM Warthog paddle switch on the joystick as a "modifier" and I've mapped "STEERPOINT" / "MARK POINT" / "MISSION POINT" to my throttle coolie hat.

So while holding the paddle in, I can push the coolie hat left to go to STEER, forward (down, away from me) changes the CDU to MARK and pushing the coolie hat to the right changes it to MISSION. It's a feature that I use A LOT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

I use the TM Warthog paddle switch on the joystick as a "modifier" and I've mapped "STEERPOINT" / "MARK POINT" / "MISSION POINT" to my throttle coolie hat.

So while holding the paddle in, I can push the coolie hat left to go to STEER, forward (down, away from me) changes the CDU to MARK and pushing the coolie hat to the right changes it to MISSION. It's a feature that I use A LOT!

Yeah being able to switch through different modes is super helpfull when it comes to keep everything decluttered. I've actually coupled Helios with a touchscreen monitor so i can interact with it without the need of a mouse it works wonders!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Yeah being able to switch through different modes is super helpfull when it comes to keep everything decluttered. I've actually coupled Helios with a touchscreen monitor so i can interact with it without the need of a mouse it works wonders!

Slick! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com