Skins Issue

andrewd251

• 1 month later...
Nope. The usermade skins, if they seem like there's a ghosting effect of another paint behind the one you're using that is a default USAF, it's because the Sabre went from using SPEC files to RoughMets in the last update. This is.actually really great and kudos to ED for doing it. But the drawback is that if the usermade skins used a custom SPEC file they will need to be updated to use a custom RoughMet. I'm in the process of updating mine but it's a time consuming process. It doesn't just switch over. So For my paints, I'm taking the opportunity to make updates to them while I work through the list. Others would need to do similar to their paints. I have 3 done so.far.

I think this is what you mean:

attachment.php?attachmentid=223474&stc=1&d=1576927852

attachment.php?attachmentid=223475&stc=1&d=1576927852

Too bad I can't use this skin :(

20191221162149_1.thumb.jpg.7df2d44b3e49adb672111ae2ab86f1c9.jpg

20191221162201_1.thumb.jpg.84cca8c471e8ee5a85eba122c7830a5f.jpg

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify the point. Without the user-made skin artists' layered source file, trying to update the paint Roughmet to something half decent will be painstakingly arduous. The SPEC file format doesn't convert over channel for channel or even inversely in the case of the BLUE channel. So, without each paint being updated with a custom Roughmet; the above is the result. I've updated a few of mine, and they are available in the USER FILES, but not had time to get into the others...will try to update a few more as soon as practical.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

... I've updated a few of mine, and they are available in the USER FILES, but not had time to get into the others...will try to update a few more as soon as practical.

I don’t understand the technical issues of skinning, but just wanted to appreciate the effort you invest on updating your Sabre skins, thanks a lot for doing it and hopefully other authors will do the same with their skins.

Best wishes and happy new year :)

Eduardo.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...

For those who have asked me I am starting to update some of my Sabres today.

I am starting with "Mig Mad Marine" (WIP screenshot attached)

Hope to have them out in the next couple of weeks.

Emm61zH.jpg

Edited by BoNidle

• 2 weeks later...

Gents if any are interested I have finally completed 'The Huff' and yes.. would have had it sooner but roughmets are tough. I hope you guys like it. I really researched this one thoroughly.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309192/?sphrase_id=600118

20200417141353_1.jpg

Yes, very nice! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

For those who have asked me I am starting to update some of my Sabres today.

Hope to have them out in the next couple of weeks.

This is great news Bo,I for one really appreciate the work and dedication that you guys skinning put in to update these masterpieces.Thank you very much indeed sir.....BRAVO thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home