VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

hey guys can I use this mod on the latest version of DCS as released today? or did this mod already get a update?

You can use it without any problems ;-)

ps Isn’t integrity check (IC) so be careful if you want to fly on MP

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

You can use it without any problems ;-)

ps Isn’t integrity check (IC) so be careful if you want to fly on MP

Thanks I just used it - yep it is working. Sim is still 40fps locked in campaign - everything is smooth though. How do I get it 80fps all the time. When in menu mode I do see 80fps

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Thanks I just used it - yep it is working. Sim is still 40fps locked in campaign - everything is smooth though. How do I get it 80fps all the time. When in menu mode I do see 80fps

You can't. It's either 40 or 80. No in betweens. And no system exists that can run 80fps in VR without lowering the graphic setting.

When i install the mod, i cant see the cockpit of any aircraft.

Does anyone know this problem?

I deleted all data in fxo and metashaders

Make a backup of all files of interests and try a repair, then install the mod once again.

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

If you press RightCTRL + NumPad1 you can unlock the FPS, to lock again the FPS press RightCTRL + NumPad 2

When I’m above 10 Angels run RCTRL+1 to get more fluidity, when I run lower (500ft/2000) I press RCTRL+2 to get a good refresh rate and more optimization.

Edited by _Heater_

without knowing your hardware or settings thats a problematic question, try my settings and see. MSAA will not make things clearer ... it will deliberately blur them ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Make a backup of all files of interests and try a repair, then install the mod once again.

thank you, it worked with the shader files of speed of heat linked in his signature.

thank you @speed-of-heat

without knowing your hardware or settings thats a problematic question, try my settings and see. MSAA will not make things clearer ... it will deliberately blur them ...

Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz, 16 gig DDR3, GTX 1070 and I have windows and DCS installed on SSD. VR is an Odyssey +

Quite a old rig, planning to upgrade, but I'll need to change most of the PC.

Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz, 16 gig DDR3, GTX 1070 and I have windows and DCS installed on SSD. VR is an Odyssey +

Quite a old rig, planning to upgrade, but I'll need to change most of the PC.

In _HMD.hlsl, you want all the first section (optimisations) turned on (1). And all second section (improvements) turned off (0)

MSAA and Shadows are biggest FPS hog. Turn them off. Set in-game PD to 1 and increase SteamSS gradually to acceptable FPS.

Sounds like you are aware your system is below recommended spec for VR so you can't afford to have some of the luxury settings. And if you're planning to upgrade soon, I'd OC the heck out of your CPU. I don't mean be reckless, but carefully push it to its limit. Your GPU may have some OC headroom too.

But if you want more advice on your system, make separate thread on Hardware section. Don't want to hijack this thread.

Edited by Taz1004

In _HMD.hlsl, you want all the first section (optimisations) turned on (1). And all second section (improvements) turned off (0)

MSAA and Shadows are biggest FPS hog. Turn them off. Set in-game PD to 1 and increase SteamSS gradually to acceptable FPS.

Sounds like you are aware your system is below recommended spec for VR so you can't afford to have some of the luxury settings. And if you're planning to upgrade soon, I'd OC the heck out of your CPU. I don't mean be reckless, but carefully push it to its limit. Your GPU may have some OC headroom too.

But if you want more advice on your system, make separate thread on Hardware section. Don't want to hijack this thread.

Unfortunately this in a locked CPU, therefore I can't OC it. I plan to upgrade soon but my concern is that objects outside the cockpit will always be choppy and blurry. I can run the game, I've tried almost all the tricks, but post 2.5.6 nothing is helping anymore. I used to be able to run with 150% Steam SS, but now I can't go over 120%.

Unfortunately this in a locked CPU, therefore I can't OC it. I plan to upgrade soon but my concern is that objects outside the cockpit will always be choppy and blurry. I can run the game, I've tried almost all the tricks, but post 2.5.6 nothing is helping anymore. I used to be able to run with 150% Steam SS, but now I can't go over 120%.
O+ here too with almost similar rig setup. Correct on blurry and pixelated image of object outside the cockpit post 2.5.6. This is with or without the shaders mod. Same rig used to do quite well visually in far distance in 2.5.5

What does help for me is setting dcs PD to like 1.2-1.3 and steamvr SS to 120%. Image a sharper and fps is in mid 30s.

A hardware upgrade is in line for me too, just waiting for the dust to settle with all the new line of cpu/gpu introduction.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

O+ here too with almost similar rig setup. Correct on blurry and pixelated image of object outside the cockpit post 2.5.6. This is with or without the shaders mod. Same rig used to do quite well visually in far distance in 2.5.5

What does help for me is setting dcs PD to like 1.2-1.3 and steamvr SS to 120%. Image a sharper and fps is in mid 30s.

A hardware upgrade is in line for me too, just waiting for the dust to settle with all the new line of cpu/gpu introduction.

I hear you brother! Got my B550 already, now waiting on those new Ryzen chip to drop!

EDIT: I'm dumb. If you are as dumb as I am, and also have this issue, turn ENABLE_SIMPLE_CANOPY off in _HMD.hlsl.

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but when using this mod with the latest version of DCS (I tried speed-of-heat's version too) the gauges in the A-10C II (and maybe other aircraft) have turned a milky white. Also, all baked in reflections are much more visible. Any idea which file is causing this? And yes, I made sure to delete my fxo and metashaders2 folders every time I made a change. Pics for comparison below.

Screen_201009_144750.thumb.jpg.44634507d64ea53c8125593572f15ad2.jpg

Screen_201009_151949.thumb.jpg.2c0d1ffd2afa30a1fa9fd79621a6969a.jpg

Screen_201009_151952.thumb.jpg.c454baf3320f90ac1a66bcc25d3c32d3.jpg

Edited by ohyeah2389

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, i5 6600K @3.5ghz, GTX 1070, 16GB ram, Windows 10 Home x64 https://pcpartpicker.com/b/JH9J7P

Modules: A-10C, FC3, F/A-18C, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, AJS-37, AV-8BNA, M-2000C, MiG-21, F-14A/B, JF-17, F-16C, Supercarrier

Maps: Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf

Awaiting: DCS: F-15E

Just curious why you set it in 2 different locations? I was under the impression that these two settings were identical as far as what is done behind the scenes (ie, upping SS to 160 and leaving PD at 0, or increasing PD by a decimal and leaving SS at 0 would be the same as what you're doing above.

Or is there something special about mixing the two in that I'm not aware of?

Just curious why you set it in 2 different locations? I was under the impression that these two settings were identical as far as what is done behind the scenes (ie, upping SS to 160 and leaving PD at 0, or increasing PD by a decimal and leaving SS at 0 would be the same as what you're doing above.

Or is there something special about mixing the two in that I'm not aware of?

Strangely enough, increasing steam SS doesn't seems to do much for me since updating to dcs world 2.5.6, distant object are so washed-out so I use a combination of both to get less pixelated images both on menu screen and in the 3d world.

Just what works for me at this time.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Heyy Guys

i hope someone can help me. I get bad stutters in DCS. With every stutter the sound lags too. I noticed that the cpu utilization drops with every stutter. No difference between singleplayer or multiplayer. I tried to lower all settings but no difference in stutters.

I disabled hotplug and game dvr.

I play only in VR and with the VR preset settings i got 80fps locked for my rift-s with no ASW.

My System:

Zotac RTX 3080

Ryzen 3700x

32gb RAM 2400MHz.

NVMe 1Tb

thank you

I don't really know much about Ryzan CPU's you might want to create a separate thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=445

to see if someone can help you diagnose these problems.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi,

I Haven't tried this mod for a couple of months. I was wondering what is the gain of using it these days. 3 - 5 FPS?

Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%