VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Any get the IC failure with the latest version of DCS?

Depends on the version of the mod you are using... the full version always fails a full ic.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi,

I download the VR Shaders from the original DCS forum and recreated.

I placed the extracted "bazer" folder under: c:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\

Tried also under the game/mod/ folder but it made no differenrce.

I do not see the round masked corners on the pc screen. why?

Better download speed-of-heat version of the mod.

Once downloaded you have to put the bazar folder in the DCS World installation folder and overwrite.

Be sure to delete the meta cache files and clear your meta and fx folders

Hi,

I download the VR Shaders from the original DCS forum and recreated.

I placed the extracted "bazer" folder under: c:\Users\<userName>\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\

Tried also under the game/mod/ folder but it made no differenrce.

I do not see the round masked corners on the pc screen. why?

Because it’s Bazar not Bazer... and you really need to follow the instructions, it’s not installed in either of those directories... please read the read me file and follow the installation instructions...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Be sure to delete the meta cache files and clear your meta and fx folders

By meta cache file, I take you mean metacahe files for terrain of each map you have in dcs world folder.

If it is this file, is it still necessary to delete those files? I haven't been doing that because I picked up the impression that it wasn't necessary to delete them but to delete the fxo and metacahe in save game folder only.

I just want to be sure so as make the most of this vr shader mod.

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

By meta cache file, I take you mean metacahe files for terrain of each map you have in dcs world folder.

If it is this file, is it still necessary to delete those files? I haven't been doing that because I picked up the impression that it wasn't necessary to delete them but to delete the fxo and metacahe in save game folder only.

I just want to be sure so as make the most of this vr shader mod.

Thanks.

You are correct it’s not required anymore

You are correct it’s not required anymore
Thanks Speed-of-heat for the confirmation.

I am still use the original VR mod 2.5.6.50321 on current dcs openbeta. I recently noticed it did not have the half mask on the display screen.

Is this version still working or is there a new version out?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Thanks Speed-of-heat for the confirmation.

I am still use the original VR mod 2.5.6.50321 on current dcs openbeta. I recently noticed it did not have the half mask on the display screen.

Is this version still working or is there a new version out?

That’s the version I’m using... to my knowledge there is no new version, check your masksize ... it’s possible it’s too big

That’s the version I’m using... to my knowledge there is no new version, check your masksize ... it’s possible it’s too big
Roger and wilco. Thanks

Hi guys,

Where is Speed-of-heat's shader? - is it the main one listed on page 1 of this thread.

And latest zip on page 1 of this thread is for 2.5.6.50321 and my DCS is at at 2.5.6.52437. Will this shader work with it?

Thanks

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Yes Kegetys 50321 is the latest version is the fastest and works with 52437. My hacks of his shaders files are slower, but have the default clear water in the game or Provide a means of being IC compliant... and are in my signature block.

Thx a lot for your quick response to my issue.

Also a lot of thanks for the VR shader mod. You did a great work, and it improves so much performance in DCS, hope ED does honor your work, and hopefully they include the things officially to DCS for the VR pilots.

I downloaded the files, from your sig, repaired my DCS, did delete all meta-shaders, fxo shaders, and terrain files, like in this video

I will report later, will try both out, the one with clear water and the one without. Hopefully, this will solve the problem.

Good flight

I could fix the problem with it. No we have the new update from dcs. Stable version from 24th july, it still works without problems.

Hi. I'm the guy who created the DCS: VR Optimizations guides on YouTube. I really apologize for any incorrect guidelines given in the video. My schedule at the time was - mildly speaking - overfilled as-is. I made the guide despite this due to countless people in-game complaining about performance, especially after 2.5.6 released. I made the guides to raise awareness to this thread and its benefits, so more people could make use of it.

Simultaneously, my hopes were that ED would recognize the activity of this thread and its topic, a way of signalling just how eager VR users are for anything at all to make DCS more reasonably playable for them, at least performance-wise. This is why I've been trying to redirect as many people as humanly possible directly into this thread when they've shown feedback of any kind towards the shader mod, or even the guide in its entirety. I'm trying all I can, both in the video itself, the video's description, the pinned comment and in each positive response, to ensure Speed's and Kegety's credit for this work as I'm obviously nothing but a conveyer. I hope that part's being carried out sufficiently.

I'm currently on my summer break and won't be back in the office nor doing research for another 3 weeks. If anyone wants to give me a list of corrections on the latest video (already including terrain file removal on that list), I'd be very grateful. I want to continue improving the guide with everything the community has to offer into a single package that anyone can easily refer their friend or acquaintance to.

I know you aren't taking much credit for your work Speed, but the truth of the matter is that this mod would most likely have gone for the history books if it hadn't been for your voluntary contribution. Thanks, man. You deserve it. I hope you're okay with me continually trying to raise awareness towards the thread and mod here.

I usually do not post on the forums, so I apologize for the late involvement. I can't promise I'll post anything after this, but trust that I follow this thread closely regardless.

Edited by Woona

Hi. I'm the guy who created the DCS: VR Optimizations guides on YouTube. I really apologize for any incorrect guidelines given in the video. My schedule at the time was - mildly speaking - overfilled as-is. I made the guide despite this due to countless people in-game complaining about performance, especially after 2.5.6 released. I made the guides to raise awareness to this thread and its benefits, so more people could make use of it.

Simultaneously, my hopes were that ED would recognize the activity of this thread and its topic, a way of signalling just how eager VR users are for anything at all to make DCS more reasonably playable for them, at least performance-wise. This is why I've been trying to redirect as many people as humanly possible directly into this thread when they've shown feedback of any kind towards the shader mod, or even the guide in its entirety. I'm trying all I can, both in the video itself, the video's description, the pinned comment and in each positive response, to ensure Speed's and Kegety's credit for this work as I'm obviously nothing but a conveyer. I hope that part's being carried out sufficiently.

I'm currently on my summer break and won't be back in the office nor doing research for another 3 weeks. If anyone wants to give me a list of corrections on the latest video (already including terrain file removal on that list), I'd be very grateful. I want to continue improving the guide with everything the community has to offer into a single package that anyone can easily refer their friend or acquaintance to.

I know you aren't taking much credit for your work Speed, but the truth of the matter is that this mod would most likely have gone for the history books if it hadn't been for your voluntary contribution. Thanks, man. You deserve it. I hope you're okay with me continually trying to raise awareness towards the thread and mod here.

I usually do not post on the forums, so I apologize for the late involvement. I can't promise I'll post anything after this, but trust that I follow this thread closely regardless.

Dude, nobody ever doubted your intentions, keep up the good work, as i have said many times i'm just a butcher, Kegetys does all the hard work!

everything i do is my settings in my sig file, the one thing i have learnt is be very careful when screwing with windows, there is so much "memory of what was good" or perceived bloat, that actually doesn't take up any real processor cycles. the only thing not documented is setting the the store service to manual, that way it doesn't get it wrong... and download an app update halfway through the game

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone installed the Open Beta 2.5.6.53756 update with the shaders mod yet? I know the newest version of both Kegetys and speed-of-heat's variants of the mod have been working for the last several updates. So I'm hoping that is the case with this one as I really want the Raven One campaign.

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

mine work, so i assume Kegetys works too

Excellent! That's great to hear. My Thrustmaster Warthog throttle just came in today and I'm itching to play that new campaign!

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

Do you guys have to reinstall the shaders or did they survive the patch if they were installed and working pre patch?

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

You have to reinstall the shaders with each patch, use ovgme or jgsme or modmanfx64 to manage this.