VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Quick question to...well whoever:

So just to be safe I removed speed-of-heat's modded kegetys shaders, cleared fxo, etc. Then updated to 50726. Just to experiment, I used Kegetys version when I reinstalled mods. So something I noticed immediately: If you look at my monitor while in VR mode, the mask/circled perimeter is gone. Did Kegetys remove that on this latest version of the shaders? I know I read in the notes that ED added the MSAA mask size option under the VR tab. But I haven't noticed any difference in performance or visuals regardless of where I set that to. I have gone from .25-1.0 and it all looks the same.

That being said, everything is running smoothly aside from night flying still being almost impossible. But just making sure the "circle" is not supposed to be there anymore.

If the circle is not there, the mod probably isn't working.

Speed-of-heat your mod is not working unless there are secret instructions. the one that will not pass IC works fine. but the ont that "will pass IC" is not working at all it wont even load. i know this because there is no mask the other one there is a mask. I am not a coder or even close so i don't know what the problem could be. possibly operator error. any help would be greatly appreciated as it is unplayable now.

then i dont know what to tell you im running it now...

my advice is uninstall the mod, repair dcs, delete fxo and metashaders2 from saved games and then reapply the mod .. as per the instructions in the readme

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

no sorry, it is a very straight forward installation it not working usually comes down to 3 things:

1) you didnt follow the instructions

2) you have used the wrong version of the mod with the wrong version of dcs

3) you have other mods that conflict

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

oh yes and you have to wait a long time the first time it loads.... and the first time it loads a plane and the first time you load a terrain

then i dont know what to tell you im running it now...

my advice is uninstall the mod, repair dcs, delete fxo and metashaders2 from saved games and then reapply the mod .. as per the instructions in the readme

I have last OB, I tested all 3 and stick now on base shaders (no clear water) and no problems running all 3.

That work great, as always.

use JSGME

DCS version 50793

only mod i have

guess im screwed.

Here is another option maybe:

I don't know how the mod thingy jsgme works but deinstall the mod first with it when you have installed it with this tool.

After that delete the whole "*:*DCSWorld\Bazar\shaders" - folder;

delete the DCS-Folder in: *:\DCSWorld\Mods\terrains\*mapname*\misc\metacache (keep the dcs.lua!);

delete everything in *:\DCSWorld\Mods\terrains\*mapname*\misc\shadercache;

Repair your DCS installation which should bring back the shaders folder. Do not start DCS. Copy the shader (whatever version you prefer but make sure it is the newest one!) folder of the "Shader Mod" over to the bazar folder in DCSWorld and overwrite when asked. Start DCS and wait for it to load into the menu. After that open the mission editor, choose any map and place a plane you can fly. Start/test mission and wait again for it to load. After you have been loaded into the mission you can experience some stutters and some drops due to more shaders being loaded as you're flying through the map. Repeat for every map and it should be good to go. Keep in mind that you actually don't have to do the things with the mission editor, you can just hop in any mission and do it that way.

The most important part is that it can take a very long time loading the shaders depending on your rig and CPU. Even if you think it crashed, do not close it and wait for it to finish its thing.

Maybe this helps you because without this mod VR wouldn't be as much enjoyable as it is with this mod installed!

Big thanks to kegetys and speed-of-heat for making DCS playable in VR! :thumbup::smartass:

Cheers

Well i got it working. Works great if i don't look at the cockpit but as soon as i do bam stutters. Turned everything all way down and still the same. Guess ill just have to wait till next OB to see if that helps. Because with out this mod DCS is no playable.

Edited by cmskinner

The butcher is in session ...

Clearwater version and IC Pass with Clear Water of @Kegteys awesome mod

I'm getting errors with latest patch and shader mod 2.5.6.50321

baraz/shaders/deferred/Compose.fx failed to compile (something about effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47common/lighting.hlsl

I'm getting errors with latest patch and shader mod 2.5.6.50321

baraz/shaders/deferred/Compose.fx failed to compile (something about effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47common/lighting.hlsl

odd, redownloaded from your sig, removed what i add, used this and it works.

so no worries :)

Well i got it working. Works great if i don't look at the cockpit but as soon as i do bam stutters. Turned everything all way down and still the same. Guess ill just have to wait till next OB to see if that helps. Because with out this mod DCS is no playable.

I am not sure what your rig's hardware consists of. But I would definitely set up both your DCS system & VR settings along with the NVIDIA Control Panel settings as shown in the links that are in speed-of-heat's signature. If that doesn't work, turn things down from there starting with shadows and Antistropic Filtering. If you look in my sig, I do not have a slouch for a PC. Even with a 3090x and 2080 Ti, i can't really do more than S-O-H's settings and maintain a consistent framerate.

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

If the circle is not there, the mod probably isn't working.

I ended up removing the mod, deleting fxo and metashaders2, terrain DCS folder contents, using the DCS repair utility and then reinstalling using speed-of-heat's mod package. Mask is back and running smooth as butter.

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack