ID4 - F-15; F/A-18; AV-8 co-op

A big thank you to the 6th VFW and Grinnelli Designs for making the following mission possible. This is a cooperative, story-driven mission loosely based on the final aerial battle over Las Vegas and Groom Lake. Originally, the op was designed before the City Destroyer was available so the premise was that the player had to defend Las Vegas while the final events of the movie happened off-camera. Thanks to the wonderful ID4 mod, I was able to edit in the City Destroyer and substitute the old VSN UFOs for the new ID4 alien fighters.

This mission is intended to be run at a scheduled time rather than being left running on a server. It is recommended all players enter the server and wait on the briefing screen prior to unpausing the sim, then enter their aircraft once the server is unpaused. Mission run time is approximately 45 minutes. A dedicated server machine is highly recommended for this mission. After all, we are talking about "the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind" 😉

PstIdHD.jpg

MISSION BRIEF:

Aliens have descended on the planet Earth, crippling the much of the world's military defenses and major infrastructure with devastating technology.. Until this point, energy shields around the alien aircraft have proven impervious to conventional armament.

Humanity's last hope is a two-man team, who, utilizing stolen alien technology, have infiltrated the alien mothership and uploaded a virus which has disabled the alien shields and disrupted their communications network.

It is believed the aliens have determined the origins of the stolen craft, and a swift counterattack is expected.

Defend Area 51 from alien attack, then rendezvous with our main attack group inbound from Edwards AFB over Mount Charleston.

Join the formation then help hold off the alien threat over Las Vegas until our team on the inside has time to destroy the alien mothership and the President is able to bring down the City Destroyer over Las Vegas.

FLIGHT PLANS:

WP1 : Contact friendly forces en route to Las Vegas

WP2 : Rejoin with friendly aircraft West of Las Vegas

WP3 : Defend Las Vegas from alien fighters while the President attacks the City Destroyer

NOTE: All friendly forces should push to WP2 together following the events at the beginning of the mission.

DOWNLOAD THE ID4 MOD PACKAGE HERE. THIS PACKAGE IS GME COMPATIBLE, OR YOU CAN SIMPLY PASTE THE "MODS" FOLDER DIRECTLY INTO USERS/<username>/SAVED GAMES/DCS or USERS/<username>/SAVED GAMES/DCS.OPENBETA

The excellent VMFA-314 skins by flying_isoko are also recommended!

ID4 v1.0 NOEXTRAMODS.miz

Edited by feefifofum
Links fixed

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:11 PM, feefifofum said:

Hell, you could have just PM'ed me. I'll re-upload the package, though I'm not certain it's working with DCS 2.5.5.

EDIT: Done. Link in the first post should now be working.

Hello Fee,

I've looking for this mod for a while,

I understand this is done once a year on july 4 right?

Is there any way to download it (links are broken) and play it in a private server ?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...