Can we replace F14A for iran with F14B? F14A has a magical eagle dynamics Aim56 uberphoenix missile with 50% more energy than mk60 one. It is literally not defendable whether shot in tws or single lock.

And before you say git gud, ****in play against it. It is omniscient and omnipowerful.

You ever tried fighting against F14B with mk60 motor missiles? It's not even remotely as hard as this.

Hello, just ran into a problem were the enemy air force aircraft wont spawn. Intercept missions will have no aircraft to intercept and looking at the mission editor for multiple missions...the enemy air force seems to not want to spawn anything at all. This spans across multiple campaigns. Tomcat over PG, Hornet over PG, Caucasus. Any potential fix?

Can we replace F14A for iran with F14B? F14A has a magical eagle dynamics Aim56 uberphoenix missile with 50% more energy than mk60 one. It is literally not defendable whether shot in tws or single lock.

And before you say git gud, ****in play against it. It is omniscient and omnipowerful.

You ever tried fighting against F14B with mk60 motor missiles? It's not even remotely as hard as this.

can confirm. I, too, have felt the cold icy touch of the flaming cliffs 2 level tomcat omniscience.

you have about 2 seconds from the time you get the active missile warning until impact.

I Know there’s a problem with F-14A :(

The problem is that DCE is not able to adapt loadouts to countries so you will have the same weapons in US and Iranian Tomcats... maybe is it better than a super F-14A AI ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Hello, just ran into a problem were the enemy air force aircraft wont spawn. Intercept missions will have no aircraft to intercept and looking at the mission editor for multiple missions...the enemy air force seems to not want to spawn anything at all. This spans across multiple campaigns. Tomcat over PG, Hornet over PG, Caucasus. Any potential fix?

I agree with you it seems to have a problem with enemy spawn or missions generation. In Caucasus there were always lot of interceptors and it’s really reduced.

We will investigate that ...

Miguel found the bug in DC_Prune.lua file :thumbup:

Many solutions to solve the bug :

-Use the correcting file provided in first post

-Apply again the Modscript AD 11.0.7 (correction uploaded inside)

-For V20 S11.0.7 campaigns download them again (Mirage, Warthog, Eagle)

Sorry for this bug

I Know there’s a problem with F-14A :(

The problem is that DCE is not able to adapt loadouts to countries so you will have the same weapons in US and Iranian Tomcats... maybe is it better than a super F-14A AI ?

Why can't we just switch the Iranian tomcats to the B? So they use the heatblur one?

They do, we sold em A model phoenixes. Heatblur pheonixes are ballanced at least.

Generally the kitties flew with 2x 54A 3x 7m 2x 9m loadout

With DCE it's not possible to have different loadouts for the same aircraft model in different countries :(

So if US Navy F-14B Tomcats are loaded with AIM-54C Iranian's F-14B will be loaded with AIM-54C too : DCE doesn't now how to do differently for now :music_whistling:

That's why my IRIAF Tomcat over PG campaign is without US Navy Tomcats ;)

With DCE it's not possible to have different loadouts for the same aircraft model in different countries :(

So if US Navy F-14B Tomcats are loaded with AIM-54C Iranian's F-14B will be loaded with AIM-54C too : DCE doesn't now how to do differently for now :music_whistling:

That's why my IRIAF Tomcat over PG campaign is without US Navy Tomcats ;)

Those Charlie model phoenixes are still half as powerful as the AI Aim54 from F14A anyway.

Those Charlie model phoenixes are still half as powerful as the AI Aim54 from F14A anyway.

+1

it's not the loadouts we have a problem with; its the fact that the ED tomcats are stupid overpowered compared to the HB tomcats.

Ok, a quick solution will be to edit the "oob_air_init.lua" file in the "Init" folder with Notepad++ and to replace these lines for Iranian's Tomcat 81 and 83 Squadrons:

type = "F-14A", --aircraft type

country = "Iran", --unit country

livery = {"IRIAF Blue-Grey2"}, --unit livery

by these lines :

type = "F-14B", --aircraft type

livery = {"IRIAF Blue-Gray"}, --unit livery

For the 82 and 84 reserve squadron only replace :

by :

To have the Iranian F-14B(A) skin use the beautiful Sadjad_vosoul skin that you can get here :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304485/

You will need to edit Base_mission.miz in init folder to move your carrier then open the mission and find the carrier (easy if there’s only one carrier or to help put a plane on take off and look at it in mission file) there will be carrier coordinates X and Y...

Not sure I understand. I have edited the base mission, which worked fine. The carrier is now where I want it.

However, the X/Y coordinate format that is accessible in the ME/F10 Map are not the same type of coordinates that are used for airbases in "db_airbases.lua".

I to get flights to spawn correctly I need the exact coordinates of the new carrier placement and put them in the "db_airbases.lua" file, and I am not sure where to read these from (The are not generated in the LUA- the mission will spawn flights at the old location/coordniates of the carrier until i put in new ones) :)

You need to open the new base _mission.miz : two possibilities : rename it base_mission.zip or use 7.zip utility to open it and find "mission" file. Inside it search (fonction search) for CVN-74 John C. Stennis and you will find its coordinates ;)

If there are more than one CVN put a different aircraft on each so that you will find the different coordinates for each CVN :)

After that if you rename it don't forget to rename it base_mission.miz !

Hey guys,

I have read, that a User has managed to convert the gazelle campaign into a Kamov version.

I would really love to give it a try. Does anyone know how to accomplish this conversion or is anyone willing to share his conversion here?

Many thanks.

DCE mission Tutorial (V11.05.09)

DCE campaigns are getting more and more modded mainly with CVN operations. I’m not sure all new features have been very well explained so I decided to try to explain how to launch a DCE mission driving a Hornet or a Tomcat step by step beginning with solo missions...

After choosing the campaign you want to fly you must download and install it from the first post. Verify any update (scripmods ) availability. Install it if necessary. Last available campaigns version is 11.01.0

Verify you have enabled DCE_Missionscript_Mod with JSGME or OvGME. (It is disabled after each DCS update)

You can make custom configurations for your campaign using “conf_mod” file in “Init” folder : all changes made in this file doesn’t need to restart completely a campaign !

-in mission_ini section you can choose if you make a parking hotstart (engine running : its false by default ) and if you start in hot when intercept missions are selected (its true by default). Soon you will be able to select your startup timing

-in skillwish section you will select AI level with -1 or +1 probability ...

-in Prunescript section you will define if this script removing non essential units is active or not (by default it’s true) you can try to remove it (false) but you may have freezes. You can modify detailed script use in “DC_Prune” file in “Script” folder.

-in playable_m section you will define which plane is playable in MP.

New sections are available for Tomcat and playing.

-If it’s you first campaign mission launch “FirstMission.bat” file you will find in the campaign folder.

Select S for solo in the DOS window : DCE will try to generate a mission... wait until a list of available mission are proposed to you (sometimes only one mission is available).

Select the mission you want or select random (it will select the mission randomly) or select Skip mission (It will try to generate a new mission).

After you have selected one mission DCE will tell you if it’s a day or night mission. It can be a day-night or night-day mission too ( you will take off or land at night or day if you respect navigation)

You can see your package content and timing. You can also see the catapult use by each aircraft to avoid collisions. This information will be available in the briefing too.

Then you can accept the mission or refuse it (Skip mission) and generate another one.

Confirm and close the DOS window if it doesn’t close automatically.

Launch DCS, select campaign and plane type.

You will see the list of all existing campaigns for this plane. If you begin a new campaign it should be inactive. If not you must select Restart.

Launch the campaign and don’t forget to open Mission planner to adjust your flight waypoints and loadouts (remember AI doesn’t manage very well fuel and can’t use different Air Ground weapons types in the same mission).It's seems that openning Mission planner can cause bugs in Air to ground AI missions so it's better to avoid to do that (really frustrating for me :( ) When all is ready launch the mission. Play it and at the end of it select quit (not quit to desktop).

A text and a DOS windows should appear. If not, use alt+tab to select them. If an error window appear it’s often because you forget to apply DCE_Missionscript_Mod with JSGME...

Text window will show you all destructions and losses of your package and red blue forces and targets state. After reading you can close it and read it again in “debriefing” folder in campaign folder.

DOS window will ask you if you accept the last mission result or not.

If for any reason you don’t want to validate last mission result (test, bug, error, etc...) you can refuse it and you will have to play this mission again. Don’t forget to refuse the mission result in DCE too : click to “Close” instead of “End mission”

If you accept the result you will have the choice again to play Solo or Multiplayer and a new mission will be generated...

-If it’s not your first campaign mission you can choose to generate a new mission if you don’t want to play the last generated. To do that, before launching DCS, launch “SkipMission.bat” file in your campaign folder.

It will be the same process than described above...

If you decide to play an MP mission rather than a solo one, select m (multiplayer) in the DOS window when you generate a new campaign or mission.

It will ask you the number of players for the main aircraft chosen (for Tomcat select only one if you want to play with a human RIO.

Then select the main aircraft task in the list proposed

Select the second type of playable planes in the list proposed (don’t take opposite side planes : it doesn’t work well)

Finally select the number of players for this second type (same than above for Tomcats)

DCE will try to generate a mission with all player in the same package ( blue versus red doesn’t work for now)

You will see your package content and missions.

Catapult timing for other planes will be given too to avoid collisions.

It will tell you if it’s a day or night mission and propose you to accept or generate a new mission.

After closing the DOS window if it doesn’t close by itself, you can launch DCS.

In multiplayer section the host generates a new server using options he wants and selects first mission or ongoing missions depending if it’s the beginning of the campaign or a new mission...

At the very end of the mission the host quits and he should see the text and the DOS windows appear. So he will be able to generate a new mission for this campaign.

Edited by PB0_CEF

First of all, I just want to thank PB0_CEF for all of his hard work, I'm really impressed with these DCE missions, and he's being very helpful in this thread.

The problem I'm having right now is with creating MP missions and the "not enough ready aircraft" result. I have a group of a few friends that I'm hosting weekly coop sessions for, and because the DCE missions seem to be usually in the 30-60 minute range, and our sessions tend to be 2-3 hours, I'd like to be able to generate the next mission in a relatively short timeframe. For Hornet over PG, it's not so bad, it usually only takes 30-60 attempts to generate the next mission for 2 Hornets and 1 Eagle, which is in the 8-15 minute range on my computer. With Tomcat Over PG-CVN, I've run FirstMission.bat for hours on end, and have yet to get a valid mission. It's failing over 99% of the time.

Ditching the F-15 gets me there pretty quickly, but one of my group only has FC3 plus the PG map, and I don't want to kick out the Eagle driver or ask him to buy anything new. Is there anything I can do that might get the failure rate down to 95% or lower, so I have a decent chance of generating a mission in one set of 20 attempts?

That sounds very strange. I can usually whip up the mission paramteres I like after 4-6 attempts. A solutio is to make the missions before you are hooking up with your friends. Find one you like, save as Mission 1. Do another, save as Misison 2. That way they will be ready made for your game night.

That's what I might end up doing, but part of the appeal of DCE is having progress carry over from one mission to the next, which won't be the case if I'm pre-generating all the missions.

The good news is, this week's session just ended, and the next mission generated in like 4 attempts, somewhere in that 60-90 second range, which is great. It's possible that it's only the first mission that's giving me real problems. I'll check in again after next week's session regarding the subsequent mission generation, but I'm still looking for advice on how to get the first one to generate more reliably. I've done another 100 runs of the F-14 FirstMission.bat (two Tomcats, one Eagle) and still haven't gotten even one valid first mission.

The bad news is, I was the only one who died. Crashed into the back of the boat. Very embarrassing, but I'll be able to fix that problem on my own with a little more practice. :)

To increase the chances of being in the same package, you have to choose

For the flight 1 A task asking for support

So that the flight 2 can provide a task support

So, concretely, in your case:

F-14: select Strike

f-15:

1563699820-annotation-2019-07-21-110209.jpg

The script found me a mission after 3 tries.

1563699820-annotation-2019-07-21-110249.jpg

if it still does not work, I would have another more radical solution, but that CEF will not approve ... ^^

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Ok, a quick solution will be to edit the "oob_air_init.lua" file in the "Init" folder with Notepad++ and to replace these lines for Iranian's Tomcat 81 and 83 Squadrons:

livery = {"IRIAF Blue-Grey2"}, --unit livery

by these lines :

livery = {"IRIAF Blue-Gray"}, --unit livery

For the 82 and 84 reserve squadron only replace :

by :

To have the Iranian F-14B(A) skin use the beautiful Sadjad_vosoul skin that you can get here :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304485/

Thank You!