DCS: F-16C Viper by Eagle Dynamics

phant

• 2 weeks later...

attachment.php?attachmentid=214328&stc=1&d=1564149793

DCS: F-16C Viper Trailer

The official Viper reveal trailer is here! Created by our video producer “GlowingAmraam”, the video highlights the beautiful lines, performance, and capabilities that will make the Viper a must-have module for DCS World. Thank you for the tremendous support and we hope you enjoy it!

8QfANpD0GHY

Order the Viper now from our e-Shop and save 20%

The Viper pre-order is also available on Steam for 20% off:

The F-16C is a single-seat, single-engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.

Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engines provide a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio.

Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the LITENING targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).

The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general-purpose bombs, rockets, canister munition, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!

Bye

Phant

AMVI

DCS: F-16C Viper - Viper Mini-Updates

As most of you have probably already discovered, this week we released the first cinematic trailer for the Viper. Cato did a fantastic job as always, and the trailer brings across the just how fun this aircraft will be. Flying the DCS: F-16C Viper is great on a 2D monitor, but it really shines in VR.

In August I will start the Viper academic videos, with the first being a cockpit tour (like what I did for the Hornet). After that will come navigation and then takeoff / VFR pattern landing.

Much of the work is centered on tuning the flight model and FLCS, programing the Stores Manager System (SMS), and initial weapons. “Viper Team” is making fast progress and it is coming together at the fastest rate I have ever seen a module develop. On the art side, most of the focus is now on the landing gear (animations and texturing), and after that he will overhaul the external textures (we have a placeholder currently).

In addition to open source documents and Subject Mater Experts (SMEs), another very helpful resource is visiting Viper squadrons to talk with pilots and get seat time in the real simulators. I was earlier at Luke AFB, but it was largely a bust due to Lockheed Martin. However, this week I was down at the 192nd FW in Tucson with T-Day and I got over an hour in a Block 42 simulator. While not Block 50 and using a different OFP than our planned Viper, there was a huge amount of commonality. There were many “light bulb moments” in understanding the operation and how to properly fly the Viper. It is a very, very different bird than flying the Hornet, and it took me a bit to stop trying to fly it like a Hornet (particularly how you land it). Fun fact: When T-Day was flying our Viper in VR, he fractured the metal attachment between the stick and the base due to the amount of force he is used to applying. The force sensitive stick took awhile to get used to (much greater pounds of force per G than I expected), but it was very much like the Realsimulator FSSB base. It is also an incredibly easy aircraft to get up and running. Assuming the ground crew set up the cockpit, it’s a much, much easier aircraft to cold start than the A-10C and Hornet.

It was also an ideal time for me to be down at the 162nd FW because a buddy of mine, “Frodo”, graduated the F-16 Basic School (B-School) and I was able to attend his gradation ceremony. Frodo is also a big DCS fan and it’s great to see that some of the products I worked on over the years perhaps played a small part in his great accomplishment (he also won the AA and AG awards for his class).

attachment.php?attachmentid=214384&d=1564240758 attachment.php?attachmentid=214385&d=1564240758

Bye

Phant

AMVI

• 4 weeks later...

Header2019_720-EN.jpg

DCS: F-16C Viper Update

As we draw closer to the early autumn 2019 early access release of the Viper, progress has been rapid. You can find a list of our planned early access features here.

Our viper is already dropping bombs in CCIP and CCRP modes and strafing targets, and the navigation systems, flight model, and art is quite far along. The current focus is on rockets, air-to-air weapons and radar, the landing gear and underside of the aircraft, and tuning the flight model.

Next week we will start regular instruction videos. The first will be a cockpit orientation, and following that will be taxi and takeoff, waypoint navigation, VFR landings, and then unguided bomb attack.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216031&stc=1&d=1566567285 attachment.php?attachmentid=216032&stc=1&d=1566567285 attachment.php?attachmentid=216033&stc=1&d=1566567285 attachment.php?attachmentid=216034&stc=1&d=1566567285 attachment.php?attachmentid=216035&stc=1&d=1566567285

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Quindi settembre?

L'autunno inizia il 21 settembre, quindi penso ai primi di ottobre, spero almeno, non vedo l'ora di trasferirmici. Da questa settimana dovrebbero uscire i primi video accademici.

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Mah, io spero che non si ripetano i soliti errori: tutti a comperare in early access poi per vedere il 16 finito ci vorranno altri due anni almeno, stessa cosa che sta succedendo col 18... di certo io non lo prenderò appena uscito.

Speranza vana vai tranquillo, tutti a dire questo e quello, a lamentarsi che lo sviluppo è lento che manca questo, manca l'altro vedi l'Hornet e poi sono pronti con il portafoglio in mano preordinando appena possibile il nuovo giocattolo che, evidentemente, farà la fine degli altri che lo hanno preceduto, ovviamente aspettando il prossimo dove si ripeterà la stessa cosa...

Per quanto mi riguarda non ho fatto nessun preordine e non lo acquisterò neanche dopo in EA, quando sarà finito valuterò la cosa e vedrò il da farsi, fino a allora se lo tengono, punto.

:thumbup:

Io non lo prendo perché sono offeso :)

Hanno bloccato i lavori sul phantom per fare questo.

Sono sicuro che venderà di più ma onestamente non vedevo la necessità di ancora un altro caccia moderno, seppur iconico come questo.

Io voglio un cavolo di phantom o un mig-23 fatto bene (e ce l’ha razbam :(), o un Su-17 magari.

Quante se ne potrebbero fare nella mappa siriana...

Sono sicuro che venderà di più ma onestamente non vedevo la necessità di ancora un altro caccia moderno, seppur iconico come questo.

Io voglio un cavolo di phantom o un mig-23 fatto bene (e ce l’ha razbam :(), o un Su-17 magari.

Neanche io volevo prenderlo troppo presto, per le polemiche sorte riguardo cosa ci sarà e non, ma alla fine l'ho preso il mese scorso e son sicuro che come l'hornet sarà un best buy. :thumbup:

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Pure io sono offeso a prescindere....:megalol:

Cosa te ne fai di Phantom...

Eh già, cosa te ne fai di una macchina che è una pietra miliare nella storia dell'aviazione, un aeroplano capace di operare da portaerei come da basi a terra caratterizzato da una versatilità probabilmente insuperata, prodotto in più di 5000 esemplari che hanno servito in ogni angolo del globo, protagonista della guerra del Vietnam, conflitti arabo-israeliani e chi più ne ha ne metta, insomma un vero mito iconico che non per niente è stato definito "un aeroplano che è un'aviazione completa"...

Già, cosa te ne fai di un Phantom, vabbè lasciamo perdere....

Eh già, cosa te ne fai di una macchina che è una pietra miliare nella storia dell'aviazione, un aeroplano capace di operare da portaerei come da basi a terra caratterizzato da una versatilità probabilmente insuperata, prodotto in più di 5000 esemplari che hanno servito in ogni angolo del globo, protagonista della guerra del Vietnam, conflitti arabo-israeliani e chi più ne ha ne metta, insomma un vero mito iconico che non per niente è stato definito "un aeroplano che è un'aviazione completa"...

Già, cosa te ne fai di un Phantom, vabbè lasciamo perdere....

Dai che c'era l'occhiolino,

a dire io vero volevo quotare il messaggio prima ma ormai non potevo cancellarlo, quindi aspetto che si offenda anche l'altro .

Comunque per la cronaca se può servire per fare pace, ti dico che è stato il primo modellino che ho costruito e lo adoro.

Ciao

Ale

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

a dire io vero volevo quotare il messaggio prima ma ormai non potevo cancellarlo, quindi aspetto che si offenda anche l'altro .k

e chi si offende :)

tra l'altro lavoravano al E se non ricordo male.

Anche per me è stato il primo modellino fatto, in scala 1/144 della ESCI.

Era il classico Black Bunny.

a dire io vero volevo quotare il messaggio prima ma ormai non potevo cancellarlo, quindi aspetto che si offenda anche l'altro .

Comunque per la cronaca se può servire per fare pace, ti dico che è stato il primo modellino che ho costruito e lo adoro.

Ciao

Ale

Guarda che non mi sono affatto offeso, quindi non c'è alcun bisogno di fare pace :smilewink:

Per il resto ho solo rimarcato come il Phantom, a mio avviso, sarebbe stato ben più appetibile che non l' F-16, considerato che ci sono già l'Hornet e il Tomcat e che il primo ha un sim dedicato da oramai più di vent'anni...

E proprio parlando di quest'ultimo aspetto personalmente aspetterei un'attimo con le considerazioni trionfalistiche visto che, volenti o nolenti, verrà paragonato e valutato rispetto al sim dedicato e non è affatto scontato che i piloti di quest'ultimo si trasferiscano in massa su DCS, che poi diciamocela tutta è quello che spera anche la ED...

e chi si offende :)

tra l'altro lavoravano al E se non ricordo male.

Anche per me è stato il primo modellino fatto, in scala 1/144 della ESCI.

Era il classico Black Bunny.

.. a me piacerebbe 1000 volte di più facessero il tornado o il 104 o perché no l f111 L f105 ma questo non vuol dire che uso toni sprezzanti verso moduli come il viper..... l ED segue delle linee confuse e i suoi prodotti sono incompleti e ci rimangono per anni, come le costanti critiche che leggo sui forum.....