Landing speed

tflash

What is the correct landing horizontal/vertical speed of the Anton ?

I have no problems with the Dora etc. and can take-off easily in the Anton, but landing, most of the time I bounce all over the place!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have no problems with the Dora etc. and can take-off easily in the Anton, but landing, most of the time I bounce all over the place!

just use standard way to do it just hold couple inchs above ground and let it stall

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Maybe the different cockpit view position due to the aircraft length deceive you at landing if you're used to the Dora and try to do the exact same. I know it's a bit tough but you should try to glance outside the cockpit trying to see the real height above the runway you are.

With regard to speed I believe is pretty much the same, 250Km/H on final, around 200 at touch down. Vertical speed should be just as smooth as you can, I don't think there's a rule about what variometer would read as you should be watching other clues instead of inside cockpit.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

200 is too fast unless you are doing a 2 pointer (which technically wasnt allowed in the luftwaffe... tsk tsk). The A-8 will stall much slower unless she is quite heavy.

As the others have said, flare and hold it a little bit off the runway, then do as brunotte says and let it fall like a piano from the 5th floor.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• ED Team

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242991

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

it's OK I finally managed, as Ala13_ManOWar said it had to do with a misleading viewpoint, I didn't flare enough but actually pointed nose down. By keeping an eye on the ADI I managed to do the correct flare. Once I got the trick it's fairly easy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Anton today and on the first landing cracked my left landing strut, which I am hoping the ground crew can sort overnight. :cry: Otherwise, it was a beautiful introduction. :thumbup:

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

The vvi is too slow for me. I try to get used to the picture when she is in the the three point attitude. And yes I find the main gear to be quite fragile.

Agree on the main gear fragility.

So far, my mechanics have kept me airworthy but are now betting on which gear I collapse. I think I'm just a little high when she settles in and drops too hard on the gear. It is a three pointer though.