DCS: I-16 by OctopusG

.Tigre.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210644&stc=1&d=1558709354

DCS: I-16 by OctopusG Available on Steam

Purchase on Steam here!

The I-16 was a Soviet, monoplane fighter developed during the 1930s inter-war years. It was innovative for its time with a low-wing cantilever design and retractable landing gear. It was the USSR’s primary fighter at the start of World War 2 where it primarily battled the Bf 109 Emil. In addition to the Second World War, the I-16 was also used in the Spanish Civil War and the second Sino-Japanese War.

The I-16 type 24 was powered by an M-63 radial engine that gave it a top speed of 462 kph. The aircraft was armed with four 7.62 ShKAS machine guns. In total, 7,000 single seat versions of this famous fighter were built.

The I-16 is a fun and interesting aircraft and further grows our stable of warbirds. This aircraft is particularly interesting when flown in virtual reality.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210652&stc=1&d=1558709569

Key features of DCS: I-16 by OctopusG include:

• Detailed animated 3D fighter model
  • True interactive cockpit providing 6DoF
  • Realistic simulation of aircraft systems including electric and fuel flow system, engine system and lighting facilities
  • Realistic simulation of unique mechanical landing gear retraction system
  • High-density textures of the cockpit and external 3 D model providing reflection and bump maps
  • Set of authentic liveries

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Perchè magari solo poichè non fa per voi non vuol dire che altra gente non lo apprezzi. Ricordate che ci sono un sacco di russi...

E tutto sommato a quote medio basse spacca.

Quotissimo, sia per l'attacco a terra su obiettivi soft e AAA dove va che è un piacere, sia per qualche dogfight difensivo a bassa velocità e bassa quota, non è niente male....anzi...

Inoltre è proprio piacevole da portare, anche col carrello "da pesca"....l'ho mappato su due pulsati...tengo premuto e bona lì! :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

OctopusG - News and Announcements

Dear pilots, we are happy to announce you big DCS: I-16 update!

It will include:

- heating physics (cylinder and oil heating and cooling were fixed)
- pilot and parachute shapes (we've created correct model for walking after flying)
- high speed level flight tweak (no need to handle stick and pedals to maintain it anymore)
- motor shutdown process (much faster now)
- oil radiator animation added on external model
- kneeboard enabled
- fuel meter scale increased
- gunsight and cockpit lighting tweak

Screen_201031_004124.png

Screen_201026_010346.png

Also, we are finishing main manual, learning missions - WIP. So, we are on the way to release.
Thank you for your patience!

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

• 1 month later...

In our next update, we have added drop tanks, which by as many as 186 liters expand Rata’s flight capabilities and number of mechanical levers and cables in the cab.

We also made some bug fixes and improvements to the cockpit textures.

We hope that our updates will finally be available in the next DCS update.

Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine

Bye
Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

We have prepared for you a short report on the main work done on the project over the past year.

The results of this work will be available in a large release update.

An electrical system with power supplies and consumers has been implemented. The ability of the battery to charge and discharge was added.

We added an option to set an external ground power supply. From now it is necessary to use it for start-up, since the starter circuit is powered from an external source.

Manual starter’s running is also provided.

Along with the external battery, the installation of wheel chocks appeared, which is required to warm up the engine.

Physics and fuel mixture management have been improved. Now the mixture control lever is locked in the "normal" center position. The "forward" position is meant to impoverishes the mixture and the "backward" - to enriches. This became relevant after the adding of altitude corrector failure.

Thorough flight manual has been written, containing history, detailed description of the design, systems, procedures. Localization of the manual is underway.

Single and training missions have been added, including cockpit familiarization, start-up, taxiing and takeoff, landing, ground attack.

From now the cockpit English version Is available.

We’ve supplemented new paint schemes, including the livery for the famous «Red Five», the Red Army's aerobatic team in the 1930s.

At the moment we are focused on the development of the RSI-3 radio station with new DCS VoIP technology implementation.

In general, a lot of work has been done to improve the quality of the product, a number of unexpected difficulties have been overcome. That allowed our small team to gain invaluable experience.

At the beginning of the next year, we are planning to release the final version state of the DCS: I-16 project and place the long-awaited announcement.

We have great plans ahead.

Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine

Bye
Phant

• Like 2

AMVI

• 1 year later...