Chat Enhancer and Text Enlarger for DCS World 1.5

BManx2000

Any shot at fixin this in 2.1 ??

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also trouble to pass the integrity check in 1.5.7 multiplayer.

I´m missing the mod.

Win10, Intel 2500K@4,4 MHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS STRIX-GTX1060, SSD CRUCIAL MX300 525 GB, 4K TV LG 50UH635V, FreeTrack, X52

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the long wait, I updated the mod again. There are two different versions for 1.5 and 2.1.

MY MAN !!!!

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hoping for a 1.5.8 fix. I tried tinkering with it but no joy.

Thank you.

JUST CHOPPERS

Same for me. In fact, 1.5.8 is hanging at the start up screen, with the Chat and Text Enhancer enabled.

I note that around 5 or 6 of the files that were modified by the Enhancer have been updated by 1.5.8. Almost certainly the reason.

I will take a look to see specifically what has changed.

• 2 months later...
Ouch, sorry but that scales everything! Don't want that, just chat text and menu. :)

Try this. It doesn't address the Chat window but centers the Radio Menu and enlarges the font on the Radio Menu and mission messaging. It's setup for my 64" curved 4K screen so not sure what it will look like for you but cant hurt to try. JSGME/OVGME ready.

Snacko's input was critical in putting this together.

Radio & Message Tweak.rar

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Running Chic's mod in Open Beta. The in game message text size is increased and the radio menu but it does nothing to the radio dialogue text??

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Running Chic's mod in Open Beta. The in game message text size is increased and the radio menu but it does nothing to the radio dialogue text??

Yah, that's true. I have little use for the Radio Dialogue so haven't pursued it.

Getting whacked with snow storm right now. Maybe I'll take a stab at it later.

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

• 1 month later...

As it seems BManx2000 is not around anymore I have updated the TextEnlarger and created OvGME packages to go with it. It seems to me that it does not break IC but please test. There were a lot of changes on the original files by ED from 1.5 to 2.5 but this edited files uses the 2.5.x files as base. Please report any bugs here.

Text Enlarger:

Enlarges the radio menu font

Enlarges the radio messages font

Enlarges the mission messages font and window

Enlarges the chat messages font and window

Has different sized versions for 1440p, 1600p, and 2160p

Easy enabled and disabled with OvGME

TextEnlarger_2.5.x_1440p.zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fLjHuriLaM2RQhjdWlwAhw38HvRjZ3CY

TextEnlarger_2.5.x_1600p.zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aRevk7ZUAoVyx-cCNTBUY9nGFUqiLIUY

TextEnlarger_2.5.x_2160p.zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a0bSTbDNB8n_sAhLAt_xQGnnzEFU-vVX

Hope this works for you or else just uninstall and leave DCS at default. :)

My Man!

JUST CHOPPERS

As it seems BManx2000 is not around anymore I have updated the TextEnlarger and created OvGME packages to go with it. It seems to me that it does not break IC but please test. There were a lot of changes on the original files by ED from 1.5 to 2.5 but this edited files uses the 2.5.x files as base. Please report any bugs here.

Missed this mod so much, tried the GUI thing in settings, good for reading, but messes everything else up. Thanks HiJack.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional