Tip for increased performance - Use second PC as server!!! - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #41
Art-J

Reputation power: 17
Art-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really nice

^ That should work with all aircraft and Caucasus map, but for Nevada (or any upcoming payware maps), he woulds still need to buy a second copy for that "server" PC.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #42
bouncerj21

Reputation power: 6
bouncerj21 is on a distinguished road

Hi All

Thanks for the help. Makes sense now

Thanks
bouncerj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #43
Brainless

Reputation power: 7
Brainless is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Nope. It's not even in the same ballpark. The server isn't just another CPU. Its a CPU, a Mainboard, the BUS, the Memory, the Hardisk, etc. all working in tandem.

Multithreaded optimization is something completely different, and would require a huge and significant overhaul of the entire codebase, probably from scratch.
I don't think that they need "significant overhaul of the entire codebase, probably from scratch" to achieve proper multi-core support.
I had the same idea as OttoPus, but no time to try it. And this will require more RAM than mine.
ED must finally take some steps to offload the AI to other threads. They have a lot of code (MP) which can help them.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #44
DigitalEngine

Reputation power: 3
DigitalEngine will become famous soon enoughDigitalEngine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
1: Have a working copy of DCS with the modules you fly and a dcs account (Note: You already have this)
2. Have a second PC on your network.
3. Create a new account in DCS world and DL dcs world, and install on your second PC
4. When you boot DCS up, log in using your second account. On that second PC install the missions you want to fly.
5. On that second PC, start a multiplayer server, you can even password protect it if you like.
6. On your first PC start DCS go to multiplayer. Your Server should be the first one on the list or sort by ping.
7. Now fly your mission. Its only on the client that you need the modules you are going to fly.

Hope that helps
Los, curious, will this work with the Nevada map, if you don't have a "logged into" copy of the Nevada map on the "server" machine?

Other words, say you download the Nevada map to your intended "server machine" and install it, but when ready to start your missions, you do not login to the Nevada Map using the "server machine", but, instead, logging into the Nevada map through your "client machine", if this makes sense?

And, if this does work for your own little private server-client network, would it be violating any of the Eagle Dynamics / DCS World regulations as for to opening this type of network configuration up as a public server?
If Moderators could answer this please?
Get an Arduino board, some scrap cardboard boxes, a few switches, rheostats and wiring as needed, a hot glue gun & box cutter, and then cut, paste & glue yourself a cockpit to match your favorite DCS module till your hearts content. No matter it's gonna look like do-do, cause once you strap your Vive on your melon, you ain't seeing it anyway. And Voilà!!, as long as your fairly accurate with the cut/paste & hot glue, you got yourself a functional (loosely speaking) interactive VR cockpit!
DigitalEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #45
jasonstory44

Reputation power: 5
jasonstory44 is on a distinguished road

Can someone help me understand this better? Is this a process that would also help offline single player missions as well?
TM Warthog Stick and throttle
MFG Crosswinds
55 inch 4k Samsung monitor main screen
Oculus Rift CV1- currently using
HTC Vive
27 inch Acer touchscreen for Helios
2 Lilliput LCD monitors; Use to be determined now that Helios is up and running; 2 Ultrawide 29 inch monitors- use TBD
Track IR 5, Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.
All DCS modules
jasonstory44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:20 PM   #46
SW0RDF15H

Reputation power: 2
SW0RDF15H is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstory44 View Post
Can someone help me understand this better? Is this a process that would also help offline single player missions as well?

If you read my original posts on the first page of this thread, I explain the whole concept and process pretty clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2167735/

SW0RDF15H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:41 AM   #47
theGozr

Location: France, Montpellier / Berkeley, Cal/Ashland, OR USA
Reputation power: 21
theGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nicetheGozr is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to theGozr Send a message via MSN to theGozr Send a message via Yahoo to theGozr

Why ? Make sure V-Sync is OFF ??

"even if the CPU wasn't missing the 11ms render target required for smooth 90fps"

Hu ? why 90? are you on VR? or regular 60 for monitors or 144 ?

Last edited by theGozr; 02-18-2017 at 03:46 AM.
theGozr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:18 AM   #48
SW0RDF15H

Reputation power: 2
SW0RDF15H is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGozr View Post
Why ? Make sure V-Sync is OFF ??

"even if the CPU wasn't missing the 11ms render target required for smooth 90fps"

Hu ? why 90? are you on VR? or regular 60 for monitors or 144 ?

VR - 90hz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2167735/

SW0RDF15H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #49
Los

Reputation power: 7
Los is on a distinguished road

Yes to do this on Nevada, because its a paid piece of terrain you would have to buy a second copy of NTTR for your second install.
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #50
bouncerj21

Reputation power: 6
bouncerj21 is on a distinguished road

Is there a way to play through the campaigns the same as single player ? Or do i have select each mission seperatly using this method
bouncerj21 is offline   Reply With Quote