Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 101 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #1001
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 19
Coxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
So the big question, can I land on the Kuz and get me some R-27ER and ET without complaint?
I can't kill everyone with puny R-27R against superior AIM-7 and superduper 530D.
Id have no objection.

Follow me on twitch here also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #1002
///Rage

Reputation power: 33
///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all

Perhaps we could ferry ERs/ETs from the Kuz with a Mi8? Would finally give me a reason to properly learn it...

www.51st.org
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #1003
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 33
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
Is there any way to turn off radio sound effect for SRS?

these?

Old 02-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #1004
WHOGX5

Reputation power: 5
WHOGX5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
I think red doesn't need F15 and other BS (blue stuff). Just same communication/coordination like blue. Blue are a lot more because they play a lot better because they communicate better it seems. They like it more. Simple.
This! I chose REDFOR once and never even contemplated choosing them again because of exactly this reason. Usually no one was on comms except for at a few occasions, and then they rarely spoke English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Only way and it happens in real life also is to put F-15 on blue and red, A10C blue and red Huey blue and red and su25t blue and red, Its the only way to balance the server
A better solution would be not to make western and eastern aircraft side specific. Red has Su-25, F-15, Huey, while blue has A-10, Su-27, Mi-8, etc. (just an example to illustrate my point.). And if you choose to do that, you should also swap colors for the teams (green vs orange for example), so there is no red vs blue divide. Even if you don't like this idea, it will probably have to happen sooner or later if you think about the amount of western aircrafts that are currently being done compared to their eastern counterparts. Hell, when the F/A-18C is released BLUEFOR is going to have an insane advantage in both A-A and A-G capabilities unless some form of balancing is done.

What I don't want is all aircraft on both sides because then it becomes a pain to ID friends and foes, not to mention trying to visually identify enemy aircrafts by the roundels alone (You'll be within gun parameters before you can spot the difference between an USAF and an IAF/Aggressor F-15). If you get a spike on your RWR you will never know whether you should be worried or if it's a buddy spike. Lastly neither team will have any strengths nor weaknesses since they're identical, which IMO makes for dull gameplay. I might as well play on the 104th then.
  • EA-6B Prowler
  • OV-10D/D+ Bronco
  • C-2 Greyhound/E-2 Hawkeye
  • RA-5C Vigilante
WHOGX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #1005
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 19
Coxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes agree would be hard for a mig-21 to IFF an friendly F5 or an enemy F-5.

Follow me on twitch here also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #1006
609_Relentov

Reputation power: 12
609_Relentov is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaR View Post
Yesterday, in the red channel came Хcom and asked for fair play not to place troops on the airfield of takeoff. For fair play......
Until this came up I didn't realize you could land troops on a friendly base.

If I recall there's already checks in place where you cannot deploy a stinger equipped soldier or a radar SAM system within ~7 miles (can't recall exactly) of a friendly airfield/FARP. I'm surprised this enforcement wasn't put in for troops as well. Maybe it was overlooked because the developers probably didn't anticipate pilots using them in that way (deploying at the airfield/FARP they were loaded at) simply to increase the difficulty for the opposing team to capture their base.

If they can duplicate the restrictions currently on helo deployment of air defenses (stinger/radar SAM systems) with troops, that would solve this issue/loophole.

However, I do sort of like the idea of having some troops at each airbase/FARP as part of the objects that need to be destroyed to capture it - just not something that can be altered/added to via helo's with this loophole.

Edit - or maybe allow troops to be transported to a friendly airbase or FARP, just not the one they took off from.

Last edited by 609_Relentov; 02-17-2017 at 07:50 PM.
609_Relentov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #1007
DanielNL

Reputation power: 0
DanielNL is infamous around these partsDanielNL is infamous around these partsDanielNL is infamous around these parts

Yep Mirage 530D is already in no-escape zone when R-27R is just at max launch range... Pls give us ER...

DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #1008
Oceandar

Reputation power: 13
Oceandar will become famous soon enoughOceandar will become famous soon enoughOceandar will become famous soon enough

Yup, ER or ET for Red. I beg you Lord Buddyspike
Old 02-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #1009
microvax

Reputation power: 3
microvax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNL View Post
Yep Mirage 530D is already in no-escape zone when R-27R is just at max launch range... Pls give us ER...
That is some next level hyperbole, I completely agree that the Super530D outclasses the r27r by a lot, but plox. Technically your statement is very wrong.

But again r73 and r27t outclass the Mirages armament by simply beeing a category it doesnt have. If you get launched on by a Super530 just notch ot go cold. I loose like 40%+ of missiles to notches. Dont try to outmaneuver it. Simply dont.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #1010
OperatorJack

Reputation power: 2
OperatorJack will become famous soon enoughOperatorJack will become famous soon enough

Can we not have the datalink for the Su-27 enabled?