A B-17, maybe..... - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #81
Pikey

Reputation power: 26
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

That gets a lol, so true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooom View Post
yeah - i'm really interested in the bomber formations too...

also - have they fixed the one "One pass Haul *ss" problem for bombers?... as it is now, you assign a tgt point in ME and they will often orbit about trying to find a path that satisfies them to drop.

They remind me of my dog trying to take a pee TBH...
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:33 PM   #82
Hueyman

Reputation power: 7
Hueyman has a spectacular aura aboutHueyman has a spectacular aura aboutHueyman has a spectacular aura aboutHueyman has a spectacular aura about

Guys, I think I'd rather die that not flying this in a full DCS manner soon ...

I7 3970X/ASUS GTX Titan Windforce 6Go/32 Gb DDR3 2400 MHz/Win 7 64bit
HW:HOTAS Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Go Flight GF-SECM & GF-46/Track IR 5

A-10C/FC3/BS2/P-51D/Huey/Mi-8/FW-190 /F-86/MiG-15/MiG-21/BF-109 K4/B-17F ?
Hueyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #83
Buzzles

Reputation power: 12
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

The new B-17 does look very, very nice.

So nice that if I didn't know ED were doing it as AI, and that they also have a side project to bring all the older 3D models up to playable module-level quality, I'd have been thinking it was a precursor to a playable one

Last edited by Buzzles; 02-17-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:22 AM   #84
nervousenergy

Reputation power: 3
nervousenergy is on a distinguished road

It seems almost a crime to make such a beautiful model of a plane we can't fly...

Oh, who am I kidding. I just want to shoot it down!

Sim hardware - Warthog - Simpit 8cm Hog Extension - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - TIR5 - Obutto R3volution pit - Ergodex DX1
nervousenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #85
msalama

Reputation power: 29
msalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of light

That Fortress looks immaculate. I just wish like we all that it was a full DCS module
Old 02-18-2017, 09:16 AM   #86
Hueyman

Hueyman has a spectacular aura aboutHueyman has a spectacular aura aboutHueyman has a spectacular aura aboutHueyman has a spectacular aura about

Think this way :

All utterly detailed models that were initially AI ended u in full fledged DCS module ...

One day they updated the Huey AI model, then two years later BST released the UH-1H module.
Same for Mi-8MTV2
Same for the FW-190
Same for the BF-109
Same for the Spit

Etc etc...

Yes, they are also doing " AI only 3D model update " , but not that detailed, and not with as a crucial roles.

This one would be a backbone of their WWII projects, changing from all the fighters we already have ( yes, only 4 but 4 fighters vs 0 bombers is still infinitely greater ! )

All my hopes up for a B-17G DCS module in the coming 2-3 years.

I7 3970X/ASUS GTX Titan Windforce 6Go/32 Gb DDR3 2400 MHz/Win 7 64bit
HW:HOTAS Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Go Flight GF-SECM & GF-46/Track IR 5

A-10C/FC3/BS2/P-51D/Huey/Mi-8/FW-190 /F-86/MiG-15/MiG-21/BF-109 K4/B-17F ?
Hueyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #87
msalama

Reputation power: 29
msalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of light

Well I certainly hope so too! Still, modelling this bird would be a huge undertaking with its 10 crew stations, turrets and subsystems etc., so I don't think we'll see one in a couple of years even. But one can always hope of course...
Old 02-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #88
Ala13_ManOWar

Reputation power: 11
Ala13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueyman View Post
Think this way :

All utterly detailed models that were initially AI ended u in full fledged DCS module ...

One day they updated the Huey AI model, then two years later BST released the UH-1H module.
Same for Mi-8MTV2
Same for the FW-190
Same for the BF-109
Same for the Spit

Etc etc...
Eemmm, not really. WWII models only appeared after RRG and they were planned flyable since start. We hadn't AI until models were released. Anyway, I buy .

S!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #89
flyingdutchy

Reputation power: 4
flyingdutchy is on a distinguished road

I want a full flyable B17 model and i dont mind to have only ai gunners in multiplayer.

1TG hard drive ASrock h97 pro4
Intel(r) Core (tm)i5-4460 CPU 3.20Ghz
16GB RAM MSI Geforce GTX 970
flyingdutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #90
Medic8ed

Medic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really niceMedic8ed is just really nice

Their AI model of the B-17 is amazing... I can only imagine how awesome it would be to have a fully fledged DCS-level B-17 to fly and control. It would certainly only appeal to a subset of the simulation population, since you don't get that "seat of your pants" dogfighting action, but I for one would have tons of fun playing missions with this thing! We can always hope for the future, but I'm sure it would be difficult to make.
Medic8ed is offline   Reply With Quote