Dynamic Campaign Engine - Page 65 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #641
Lostcat

Hallo, can you please tell me how the weather is managed during the campaign ???

I'm more than 20 missions into "Screaming Eagle" and the weather has always been clear, no clouds, no wind... I'd like to change it and i tried modifying the weather tab in the base_mission.miz but it does not work.

Maybe I have to change the % of hi-low pressure probability in the camp_init.lua ???
How can I set custom weather ???

Awesome mod !!!
Lostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #642
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcat View Post
Maybe I have to change the % of hi-low pressure probability in the camp_init.lua ???
How can I set custom weather ???
That is indeed the way to do it. It will only start to take effect once you have generated a new First Mission.

I set my campaigns to all clear weather because during the last year clouds produced a hard performance hit. Perhaps that is something to reconsider after 2.5.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #643
Lostcat

Thank you !!! so no other parameter ??? no fine tuning of clouds, rain snow etc ???
Old 01-23-2018, 08:57 AM   #644
Cristofer

Is it possible to make a campaign with no human players? Could be useful for testing when your own flying skills are not the best Also, kind of fun to just watch.
Cristofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #645
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofer View Post
Is it possible to make a campaign with no human players? Could be useful for testing when your own flying skills are not the best Also, kind of fun to just watch.
I seem to have done that by accident, can't join any a/c in the flight. They just don't spawn and the mission goes on as normal....

If I find out what I did, I'll let you know

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #646
PB0_CEF

I'm doing it often to test my DCE campaigns modifications. If the human mission is strike, you must be sure to have at least 2 strikers flights for the target so you stay on the ground and watch AI making the job...To be sure to have enough flights you must change power needed to attack targets in target list.lua (firepower)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited by PB0_CEF; 01-23-2018 at 05:50 PM.
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #647
MBot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcat View Post
Thank you !!! so no other parameter ??? no fine tuning of clouds, rain snow etc ???
Yes, you only input probability of high or low pressure system dominance. There is a simple meteorological model that will generate appropriate weather. High pressure dominance will create clear and calm weather. Low pressure dominance will create random warm or cold fronts and warm/cold sector weather behind the fronts. Due to the way the static weather is handled in DCS, weather will of course be uniform across the map. But it will correspond to in what stage a passing front is on the campaign level.

Weather will also affect the ATO. Aircraft that are not adverse weather capable need to have a minimum visibility at their airbase and an attack altitude below sold overcast, otherwise they will not be tasked with missions. Adverse weather capable aircraft are tasked in any weather. If the player aircraft is not adverse weather capable, you will not see any foul weather, as the campaign time will fast forward until the weather improves to allow operations again.

I am no meteorologist, so there is probably considerable room for improvement in the weather model.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:38 PM   #648
Lostcat

Very cool !!!

Just tired first mission with 50/50%.... it was night so didn't see the clouds (metar said FEW) but it all became stuttering.... will try some other missions.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:15 PM   #649
PB0_CEF

One (more ) question to Mbot about laser illumination. Looking for all the possible missions for aircrafts I saw this one as a support task like SEAD missions. I thought it could be really interesting for Mirage 2000C air to ground missions. I created F-16 loadout with Laser Pod and Mirage 2000C with GBU-12 loadout and laser illumination support. It worked really well for AI, they used their GBU-12 to destroy all the targets. Not really sure that the F-16 illumination position is realistic but at least Mirage 2000C can use the GBU
My question is about human pilot : how can I interact with F-16 illuminator ? I was part of a flight attacking an airbase with 10 targets but it was impossible for me to know which one was illuminated . I tryed to launch my GBU on possible targets but my bombs never get the laser beam. AI Mirage had no problems with that. Isn't it possible to have an airborn JTAC routine like in some existing scripts ?
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #650
MBot
Veteran

This is implemented quite simple. From IP to Egress Point, the laser illumination aircraft will point a laser at the first target element. If it gets destroyed, the laser will immediately switch to the next element. That is really all there is to it. As you can see this is not meant for loitering and pickling against a large number of individual targets, but to support a single strike. It should work rather well against a bridge for example, where the laser can switch from one span to the next as they get destroyed.

Did you tune your LGB to the laser code that is mentioned in the briefing?