Disappointed with SC comms

shon

‌ I was very negatively surprised by the SC comms. Yesterday we were three planes in multiplayer. Two on the same flight, and a second flight where only I was. Despite the fact that my flight was made up of only my plane, when communicating with Marshall at 50Nm he reported me as "holding hands" ...

‌On the other hand, the other flight, of two planes, did not recognize them as belonging to the same flight, and Marshal also confused them by calling them both in the same way, and giving them the same orders separately ... Even the Alerax script knows how to correctly manage a flight of two planes in holding hands simply if those two planes, when communicating with Marshall, are together ...

It is true that SC is still in beta, but I did not fly the beta, but the release, and therefore I expected many things that were not yet complete, but never that those that were in the release, contained so many bugs.

‌Sincerely, I was expecting a more serious and professional module: The LSO is very, very permissive, letting you get away from the Groove at much greater distances than allowed (15-18 seconds) without being notified of a wave off; The same radio channel for all phases; bad reconnaissance of flights with several planes; Notification of Signal Charlie to flights that are in the stack at a higher level than others! ... And the worst thing is that everything indicated before was already solved by the simple Alerax script. So I can't explain how ED, with the preceding and good work done with that script, launches a product that does not at least the good of Alerax's sceipt.

Disappointed for the moment with the module, and also by the virtual pilot community. YouTube is full of single player flights with the SC or "movie" format. How many videos are there of virtual squads, managing for example stack collapsing appropriately? None. Are there really not, or are they as disappointed as our Squad, that we even value going back to the Stennis and the old Alerax script? Of course, the SC distributes the AI ​​flights beautifully so that you can see them sitting comfortably in your LSO position ... Is SC really going to be a simple module to enjoy watching the AI ​​cycles?

With the above I have tried to express my feelings in relation to this module, with the utmost respect for the large amount of work done and which I believe still remains to be done, because I sincerely hope that all of the above are "simple bugs" pending resolution. Thank you very much for your patience.

We have had our issues with the SC. It not being able to properly identify incoming planes, not being able to switch properly between Case 1 or Case 3 (however you leave the boat, that how you're coming back in), LSO giving wrong information, switching to recovery before everyone has launched (though I think this my be a script issue). We use the SC comms as much as possible but we also announce our calls normally over SRS. SC Case 3 doesn't do a horrible job at comms, though when one commences it doesn't tell inform the next in the stack (I get that the approach time should be enough). Seems really lazy on ED's part to only use "Check In" for Platform, Passing 12, Going Dirty, and Needles call, I have to say. It's double the work, but without a human manning the LSO, it's as good as it gets for right now. Overall though, it has been a "ok" release, not great. SC in Beta vs Stable doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things though. It's still EA, so hopefully as they start working more things out it will get better for those of us that do fly in squads. Ya'll aren't completely alone some of the disappointment though.

Thank you very much TheGuardian for sharing your experiences. It is difficult to find opinions of virtual squads on this subject, since we are not used to generating discussions and instead we try to fill the gaps of realism with our imagination. It is difficult to understand that, being ED, it was only an "ok" release, not great. Hopefully they continue to maintain the level of realism that we are used to enjoying. Thank you very much again.

Beta vs stable version Has no bearing on the completeness off a newly released module. These are all early access work in progress issues in a very newly released in development version of the software.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Its a WIP. The positive qualities , crew, paddles, grading.. make this the coolest carrier ever. Be even cooler when i see an : ok : 3 wire. :megalol:

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

Honestly I'm also a little bit disapointed.

Especially at the coms:

• Coms / guiding by the groundcrew from startup until hooked up at the cat are missing
  • Coms for departure are fully missing
  • In Case 1, there is no Marshall Stack
  • In Case 3, only aircrafts in the same flights gets stacked - with different flights you get stacked at the same angels/DME - could be a nice fireball IRL *gg*
  • No communiation beside the pushtime while you are in the stack- Not sure if that is in reality also...
  • It would be really needed to seperate the frequencies for marshall, approach & LSO
  • No checking in with red crown
  • No communication after a bolter, either in CI/II nor in CIII
  • The ball call is missing a lot of information
  • Marshal stack in CIII is radial 180 to FB, which is very seldom in reality.

Beside that, also:

• There is no coms for taxi neither groundcrew which guides you to the cat.
  • There is no ground crew which guides you to a parking spot.
  • Useing AI planes from parking possition is not possible, because those just WANT to go to cat 1, no matter if it is blocked by you or stastics.
  • The whole deckcrew still looks very static and there is no "life" at the deck. The crews just stand at the cat - thats it.
  • I can't understand why I can't turn off the IFLOS overly, it is so much disturbing.
  • Since 2.5.6 I also can't read the ball, before it was perfectly doable around 1 - 3/4 mile.

So at the moment I'm not really happy with the supercarrier. Some better graphics, some very static ground crew standing around and a little bit more com then on the normal carrier. Not worth the money at the moment.

I hope they get all those things done and working correctly as they do IRL, then the SC could become a real cool module.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

@viper: Some things are missing and not even planned. But some are still WIP or planned at later development, like:

There is no ground crew which guides you to a parking spot. - in plans

Useing AI planes from parking possition - WIP

The crews just stand at the cat - No! They guide you to the cat, director gives you proper hand signals up to the launch, the crew move around during launch preparation, put in the hold back bar, etc. They also run away from Cat 3/4 for recovery.

IFLOLS overlay - planned as an option

Ball - WIP

Again, it's very early access.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

One thing that I hope gets improved is some variety in the voices, especially the pilots. But also the tower/airboss voice, which sounds almost exactly like the pilots voice.

The main offender is the pilots voice, though that's just as much a fault as the outdated communications in the DCS base. But it is pretty disjointed and very much has an attack of the clones aspect to it. For instance, if you cold start the F-14B, your pilot will have the bog-standard DCS english pilot voice when asking for ground power, for ground air he'll put on a slightly different voice and then for the carrier, he puts on this really deep voice, completely unlike the ground power voice - it seems very disjointed and lacking consistency, I'm okay with there being a really deep pilot voice so long as its consistent.

Hopefully in the future we'll get some variety in the pilots voices (maybe even selectable voices) - the more the merrier.

One thing I also noticed is the difference between say, the triggered ATC voices on the field taxi & takeoff and the FCLP tutorial for the F-14B. The ATC there feels a little more natural (though I guess it's a lot easier there).

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed by any means, it's quite a step up from the ATC we've had to use for years, so I'm absolutely welcome it, and it is in its infancy.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@viper: Some things are missing and not even planned. But some are still WIP or planned at later development, like:

There is no ground crew which guides you to a parking spot. - in plans

Useing AI planes from parking possition - WIP

The crews just stand at the cat - No! They guide you to the cat, director gives you proper hand signals up to the launch, the crew move around during launch preparation, put in the hold back bar, etc. They also run away from Cat 3/4 for recovery.

IFLOLS overlay - planned as an option

Ball - WIP

Again, it's very early access.

Thanks for the clarification. Regarding the Crews just stand at the cat point.....I read the comment as referring to the fact that until triggered, the crews are just waiting and on the rest of the deck, not much is going on.......Of course, when triggered, the animations are great and detailed, but it would be nice if they were more active whilst in "standby" mode and that there was more activity from other objects etc on deck, such as the tractors and maybe AI planes getting parked and re armed etc.....and maybe some more crew on other areas, such as LSO, hangers etc - just basically making the boat look more active.

Of course fully understand WIP , these are just some hopefully useful feedback from users...

Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I've actually got my hopes up for having the static carrier equipment drive around, they are actually all animated for driving, steering, even the crane arm is animated.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Thanks for the clarification. Regarding the Crews just stand at the cat point.....I read the comment as referring to the fact that until triggered, the crews are just waiting and on the rest of the deck, not much is going on.......Of course, when triggered, the animations are great and detailed, but it would be nice if they were more active whilst in "standby" mode and that there was more activity from other objects etc on deck, such as the tractors and maybe AI planes getting parked and re armed etc.....and maybe some more crew on other areas, such as LSO, hangers etc - just basically making the boat look more active.

Most of it is already possible, but you have to make the placement and traffic in ME, as I saw such missions already done.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Honestly I'm also a little bit disapointed.

Especially at the coms:

• Coms / guiding by the groundcrew from startup until hooked up at the cat are missing
  • Coms for departure are fully missing
  • In Case 1, there is no Marshall Stack
  • In Case 3, only aircrafts in the same flights gets stacked - with different flights you get stacked at the same angels/DME - could be a nice fireball IRL *gg*
  • No communiation beside the pushtime while you are in the stack- Not sure if that is in reality also...
  • It would be really needed to seperate the frequencies for marshall, approach & LSO
  • No checking in with red crown
  • No communication after a bolter, either in CI/II nor in CIII
  • The ball call is missing a lot of information
  • Marshal stack in CIII is radial 180 to FB, which is very seldom in reality.

Beside that, also:

• There is no coms for taxi neither groundcrew which guides you to the cat.
  • There is no ground crew which guides you to a parking spot.
  • Useing AI planes from parking possition is not possible, because those just WANT to go to cat 1, no matter if it is blocked by you or stastics.
  • The whole deckcrew still looks very static and there is no "life" at the deck. The crews just stand at the cat - thats it.
  • I can't understand why I can't turn off the IFLOS overly, it is so much disturbing.
  • Since 2.5.6 I also can't read the ball, before it was perfectly doable around 1 - 3/4 mile.

So at the moment I'm not really happy with the supercarrier. Some better graphics, some very static ground crew standing around and a little bit more com then on the normal carrier. Not worth the money at the moment.

I hope they get all those things done and working correctly as they do IRL, then the SC could become a real cool module.

I absolutely DO AGREE with your statement of the situation of this module !

Very disapointing for the moment ... !

The "Eye Candy" part is ok ... even nice.

But that's not at all the main part of what we could expect of a high level state of the art CVN simulation !!!

A powerfull AI managed Radio Communications global system for the Carrier Operations is mandatory ... and for the moment the comms are not usable neither reliable, the waiting stacking system of the planes is buggy, etc ...

For the moment, the Supercarrier is not at all usable during serious multiplayer sessions (except for catapult starts) !

For us, a whole online squadron, we are back to the use of the MOOSE/AIRBOSS script which is not perfect but much more reliable and usable !

... and we do not contact the SuperCarrier built-in Radio Station any more ...

To summup ... we have all bought a new nice looking Carrier, with a new nice looking departing functionnality, and the main real progress ... the ability to "Spawn" with more than 4 "FlightSim Pilots" on the same Carrier which before was almost impossible !

And that's all for the moment and for this very long wait ... !! :huh:

What a pitty ... ! :(

I cannot understand how this situation is possible :

ED has spent more than 18 months of development on this module, we had lots of attractive teasing ... but many real basic functionnalities we could expect are not at all present at the long awaited release time !! :helpsmilie:

And last non-understandable move from ED ... after only one week on the OpenBeta Version, they have decided to push the SuperCarrier "as is" on the so called "Stable" Version !!?!?!

... with all those bugs and lacking basic functionnalities !!!

Unbelieveable !! :doh:

I have no more words ... so disapointed ... :cry:

PS.: and to be clear to all, I was & still am an old BIG FAN of ED and DCS World : I have bought a total 62 modules so far for my 2 sons and my two own Sim computers ! But now on ... I do not buy any more module as long as ED is not back to a more Professionaly Customer Oriented Approach of its unique Business ... !

Edited by RaiderOne

Yeah, I also feel like some of you guys, at the moment the only thing the supercarrier really has is cool animation and fancy models and textures (the LSO station too but it's just a camera view), but aside from that, playing on the normal stennis, I just feel like it's 90% the same experience, the 10% difference being the catapult hookup and launch.

I just feel like it should be called "Super catapult launch" and not "supercarrier".

There is no new " logic " for this module aside from this aforementioned catapult launch.

But hey, I trust ED is going to add all the needed features and functionality in due time, it's still EA after all, though this module is just so incredibly barebones at the moment...

Just my opinion, take it as it is.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

I absolutely DO AGREE with your statement of the situation of this module !

Very disapointing for the moment ... !

The "Eye Candy" ...

A powerfull ...

I totally agree with you. Absolutely. Word after word throughout your post.

For those who, like me, like this hobby and always kindly remember what is just a WIP, I say yes, I know it, I know it, but the goal of a beta product is notify what we believe may be improvements or real bugs, right? So I think I should politely communicate that, in my opinión, not all of which we have bought this product are delighted with a few communications procedure full of bugs, an acommodating and unreal "Eye Candy", an horribly permissive LSO (on the contrary I guess the casual audience will please in order to simply end a trap landing), ...

For us, a whole online squadron, we are back to the use of the MOOSE/AIRBOSS script which is not perfect but much more reliable and usable !

... and we do not contact the SuperCarrier built-in Radio Station any more ...

This is the saddest thing in this whole story, that it seems that the product has not even reached in its beta phase the level that many of us already knew with scripts developed by individuals with great enthusiasm, but supposed with less technical means and knowledge than ED itself.

As a solo player I can't comment on MP. I just bought the SC in the sale and like what I have purchased.

If you take a look at Red Kite's Lua scripts, on the user files, he's done superb work with the deck configuration Lua's. You can add his scripts and have different take off and landing configurations. He even has a do it yourself script that lets you put whatever you want on deck and have them different at each take off and landing.

Even an old fart like me can implement them!

I would like a WW2 Carrier, with Corsairs, Hellcats, TBF's ready for the Pacific map!

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

We have had our issues with the SC. It not being able to properly identify incoming planes, not being able to switch properly between Case 1 or Case 3 (however you leave the boat, that how you're coming back in),

My squad just flew a mission night before last where we departed Case I and recovered just as the sun was setting. Two planes checking in, and the first one was given a Case I clearance and the next one was told that Case III recoveries were in effect and he was given holding instructions and an EAT.

We have noted various gaffes here and there but over all, the whole carrier environment has improved immeasurably with the SC compared to the Stennis. I am a very satisfied customer overall and I have no doubt whatsoever that things will improve greatly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5MC would be so simple to implement and add so much to immersion... Imagine hearing it with the canopy open and hearing the whine of a bunch of jet engines starting up to make an on-time launch. I'd love to see that

And to be fair, there's room for much improvement but all in all we've never seen anything like. It's amazing. Try using good ol' Stennis for a change and you'll see how awesome it is.

I attached a couple of moving zones to the carrier. Then recorded some .wav sounds in Audacity. These play when the cats are ready for me to taxi. When the previous launch is clear, I get the clear for launch radio message. Same for returning and taxi to elevator.

Then there is Redkites work here.

Until ED get more stuff into the SC this home made stuff us quite rewarding!

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Beta vs stable version Has no bearing on the completeness off a newly released module. These are all early access work in progress issues in a very newly released in development version of the software.

“Stable”, in practical terms, is simply the “Open Beta” from several cycles ago. That’s why most people play on the open beta side. The “stable” side is really just an older “open beta” version, but about six months behind in features and basically just as buggy as OB.