Strange glare baked into view

Nealius

You're failing to realize the altered VR screen, which by the way uses all the same models and code as the vanilla sim and would be the same if ED made it themselves and thus is not a mod, only allows the problem to be more easily seen..

Nice sneaky edit you did there. But I understand fully what the problem is. I understand that your VR Hangar mod allowed a weird glare bug to be visible where it otherwise wouldn't. I understand that the bug is always "active" but your hangar mod is whats making it visible. But let me say this again, only as a piece of ADVICE. If you've had an issue for 3+ weeks that basically nobody else is seeing then consider removing ALL your mods, regardless of whether you consider them to be mods or not. And see if it still does it. If that fixes/hides the problem then at least you have a data point to work from.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Nice sneaky edit you did there. But I understand fully what the problem is. I understand that your VR Hangar mod allowed a weird glare bug to be visible where it otherwise wouldn't. I understand that the bug is always "active" but your hangar mod is whats making it visible. But let me say this again, only as a piece of ADVICE. If you've had an issue for 3+ weeks that basically nobody else is seeing then consider removing ALL your mods, regardless of whether you consider them to be mods or not. And see if it still does it. If that fixes/hides the problem then at least you have a data point to work from.

His hanger mod is not making it visible, it just caused the baked in glare to appear unique and identifiable due to the location of the highlights on the vertical stabs. In the default hanger when you look straight ahead in the f10 menu the glare off of the mig 29 weapon pylons create a round glare when you go back to cockpit but since its just a round spot it wasnt so apparent what was causing it. If you look up at the ceiling rafters in the default 3d hanger in the f10 screen when you go back to cockpit you can clearly see a terrible glare that matches the hanger rafter outline. Saying this is something basically no one else is seeing is blatantly inaccurate. His custom hanger aircraft just helped track down the issue that most likely is there for everyone in vr by making the shapes of the glare more identifiable. Your responses and tone are a bit rude and uncalled for.

Edited by Talonx1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Sorry still not able to reproduce this, can you attach your dcs log, we can take a close look.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry still not able to reproduce this, can you attach your dcs log, we can take a close look.

Try in VR during night. Follow This steps:

1-. Press F10 view.

2-. Return to cockpit. It seems some sort of residual glare due hangar scene.

Could we have a option to remove VR hangar from background? just for freeing resources and maybe solving this new bug

• ED Team

using the above description I am still not able to reproduce, I will ask another tester to check

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
using the above description I am still not able to reproduce, I will ask another tester to check

@BN: I attach some screenshots: BEFORE ENTERING IN MAP VIEW (F10), AND AFTER. You have to test at night. You will see the "residual glare" I´m referring.

Could we have a option to quit hangar 3D VR view? Only with grey or black screen, without any other objects or things. Maybe it saves some FPS specially on VR.

F10 RESIDUAL BUG LIGHTING.zip