Why is DCS Multiplayer so unstable?

Rhinozherous

Hello!

8 out of 10 tries to connect to a Server like Hoggit or any other bigger mission I get crashed to desktop or it takes ages to load. When it works you get a ton of lags.... I have a decent enough system and my internet connection is strong enough.

This seems to be the case since the beginning of DCS.... why is this? Just want to know.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

How much RAM do you have? Try to setup the page file manually. Search the forum as there's thread about this. It was tips from Mustang (104th Mustang), cant remember his forum name.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

How much RAM do you have? Try to setup the page file manually. Search the forum as there's thread about this. It was tips from Mustang (104th Mustang), cant remember his forum name.

Good luck

32GB of RAM

Thank you, will search for it! And I will find out what a page file is :)

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Well 32Gb RAM should be enough. I dont think this is the problem. But worth a try. I suggest post your DCS log after the crash. Maybe one of mods can help you with this.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Well 32Gb RAM should be enough. I dont think this is the problem. But worth a try. I suggest post your DCS log after the crash. Maybe one of mods can help you with this.

Will do so!

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

SSD or HDD? If HDD that might be a cause, if SSD check to make sure its not doing weird things (I forget the name of the options for SSD settings) but SSD is kinda needed for DCS. I've had a lot crashes previously on the HDD a couple years ago, with a SSD they went away.

• ED Team

Please post your dcs log, we maybe able to help you.

if you are seeing crashes, please follow my guide in my signature it may help

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

SSD or HDD? If HDD that might be a cause, if SSD check to make sure its not doing weird things (I forget the name of the options for SSD settings) but SSD is kinda needed for DCS. I've had a lot crashes previously on the HDD a couple years ago, with a SSD they went away.

This!

On big multiplayer missions there is a lot of stuff that needs to be transferred from the HDD/SSD to the RAM and if you only have a slow HDD then this can take ages and you might even run in a connection timeout in the process. With an SSD this is not an issue.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

DCS is installed on an SSD in my system. (for the rest of my specs, see signature)

In the meantime I was able to fly online... sometimes I just have to wait a long time when loading into the mission, but I dont experienced a crash so far.

I can live with long loading times as long as it is not crashing.

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hello!

8 out of 10 tries to connect to a Server like Hoggit or any other bigger mission I get crashed to desktop or it takes ages to load. When it works you get a ton of lags.... I have a decent enough system and my internet connection is strong enough.

This seems to be the case since the beginning of DCS.... why is this? Just want to know.

SoW also has "big" missions. Load times do get long.

One thing we have very recently done is enable the "player" data download and the "object data" download. These enable players to have full-detail trk files and telemetry data for Tac-view.

We have noticed a marked increase in lag and stutter on the server since turning these options on. So just a note - multiplayer does seem to suffer significantly for servers that enable this data download functionality.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I am relatively new to multiplayer, but have been logging in regularly for several weeks now. I rarely have stability issues. Most of the time, I can get on a server with zero issues. If I have a problem, it is usually while flying. DCS crashes and generates a bug report. But those have been fairly rare considering the hours I have been putting into multiplayer lately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could be related to VRAM.

I never get crashes in MP with 16 GB RAM and 100% rendering even on very high settings.

When I use absurd supersampling (for testing) I get crashes in MP after some time. I connected this to VRAM overflow on my 11GB VRAM 1080Ti by observation.

Edited by Motomouse

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS