Laser rockets

mtd2811

If you took this as a petty and off topic fight, I think you need to examine your attitude. This wasnt a fight, I was genuinely curious if you could do it. The way in which you approached your answer said more to me (and Deka) about you than anything else. Clearly you are negative, frustrated and lashing out at something beyond the BRM. I am very sorry you saw it this way.

I dont honestly think the F-16 can do it. Had you looked at the track, acmi or video that I provided and have seen how spread out the map is, and how terrible CBU modelling currently is in DCS, you'd probably have come to the same conclusion I did. But hey, we have characters on a deck that move now.

Like you, I was frustrated with the BRM. But I learned, improvised and adapted to how they currently work. Im still not happy with them, but I can approach Uboats or Foxwxl and have a constructive conversation with them, which in turn lead to them finding two issues (one with point track on some DCS world units and the inaccuracy of the BRM.)

A positive attitude promotes positive results. Try it some time and see if you get a better response.

TJ

You make some valid points but you too have to agree there has been some jealous attacks towards this aircraft from the f-18 f-16 community and too me it does seem ED has protect their product. So hard to keep a good attitude when it does seem this plane gets nerfed because of product protection or jealously but no actual evidence that’s it needed to be nerfed or even having evidence it shouldn’t have been nerfed.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you took this as a petty and off topic fight, I think you need to examine your attitude. This wasnt a fight, I was genuinely curious if you could do it. The way in which you approached your answer said more to me (and Deka) about you than anything else. Clearly you are negative, frustrated and lashing out at something beyond the BRM. I am very sorry you saw it this way.

I dont honestly think the F-16 can do it. Had you looked at the track, acmi or video that I provided and have seen how spread out the map is, and how terrible CBU modelling currently is in DCS, you'd probably have come to the same conclusion I did. But hey, we have characters on a deck that move now.

Like you, I was frustrated with the BRM. But I learned, improvised and adapted to how they currently work. Im still not happy with them, but I can approach Uboats or Foxwxl and have a constructive conversation with them, which in turn lead to them finding two issues (one with point track on some DCS world units and the inaccuracy of the BRM.)

A positive attitude promotes positive results. Try it some time and see if you get a better response.

TJ

Again, I am not looking for a petty fight in this forum. Stop selectively reading my posts. You yourself have a rather shortsighted way of looking at things.

It is great that you spoke to the tester and he taught you how to use the buggy rocket model. You did not help them discover any issues.

It is quite obvious what is going on with this module lateley. We need more clear communication, be it positive or negative. The customers have some right to clarity.

The fact that Foxwxl finally acknowledged that there is something wrong with the rocket's code and Uboats confirmed the change of BRM to 25L like guidance has finally provided a solid conclusion to this issue.

How you choose to understand my attitude is up to you. I have nothing personal against Deka. I followed the development of this plane from the beginning. They had one of the best module release I have ever seen but in the end, I purchased this module and wish to see it working as advertised.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Again, I am not looking for a petty fight in this forum. Stop selectively reading my posts. You yourself have a rather shortsighted way of looking at things.

So stop talking about it - clearly you have an agenda you are trying to push. Push it somewhere else.

It is great that you spoke to the tester and he taught you how to use the buggy rocket model. You did not help them discover any issues.

It is quite obvious what is going on with this module lateley. We need more clear communication, be it positive or negative. The customers have some right to clarity.

The fact that Foxwxl finally acknowledged that there is something wrong with the rocket's code and Uboats confirmed the change of BRM to 25L like guidance has finally provided a solid conclusion to this issue.

How you choose to understand my attitude is up to you. I have nothing personal against Deka. I followed the development of this plane from the beginning. They had one of the best module release I have ever seen but in the end, I purchased this module and wish to see it working as advertised

I dunno brother - pulling up at max G in A2G mode is pretty awesome. Maybe you should try it and stop keyboard warmongering? Have you yet to even fly the JF17 since you've listed it as "ABANDONED"? I have helped further the development of this weapon. What you choose to believe is up to you.

They reverted their compromise. They wanted a laser homing rocket that spun and DCS didnt offer it. So they went one direction while they waited for ED to build it. You chose to take the fight a different direction.

Question for you - what other work was put off, delayed or neglected because you wanted what you wanted and moaned loud enough for it to happen? Do you think like that? You realize this is a small shop with a small # of programmers who cant move the mountain. Maybe your expectations need to be tempered with the human side of the equation? Or can you think that far out?

Enjoy your keyboard warmongering.

TJ is OUT!

Edited by Tj1376

You make some valid points but you too have to agree there has been some jealous attacks towards this aircraft from the f-18 f-16 community and too me it does seem ED has protect their product. So hard to keep a good attitude when it does seem this plane gets nerfed because of product protection or jealously but no actual evidence that’s it needed to be nerfed or even having evidence it shouldn’t have been nerfed.

Agreed whole heartedly. Just like the Gazelle's mistral that was nerfed and the RB75of the Viggen when air to air targeted would never run out of energy and chase its target for a few miles (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4095681). It was comical. ED wants a product that represents at least some resemblance of the truth. I have tacviews of the SD-10 when it was first released flying on for 50+ miles at mach 2. Its simply not possible, so ED ran a CFD model of what is known of the missile and the missile was effectively 'nerf'd.'

This is the joys of Early Access. Someone can run a CFD on the missile and prove that it shouldnt behave like that, well then it gets nerf'd. No one wants another Gazelle mistral missile or "terminator" RB75 or magic INS Phoenix. We are trying to achieve a level of simulation here.

TJ

We know the Jeff still have a lot of work to do, but we do welcome constructive conversation and good suggestion to further improve the project.:)

And, lots of adjustments and function completion are long under discussion internally, ie. the BRM scheme. But since most of them haven't been final decided yet or not finished at that time, so we not going to talk about it. We didn't announce something, does not mean that we "DIDN'T KNOW". Maybe its some kind of Chinese logic not easy to be accepted by western people.:D

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

We didn't announce something, does not mean that we "DIDN'T KNOW". Maybe its some kind of Chinese logic not easy to be accepted by western people.:D

It's not just an Eastern thing to work like that! :lol:

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

So stop talking about it - clearly you have an agenda you are trying to push. Push it somewhere else.

I dunno brother - pulling up at max G in A2G mode is pretty awesome. Maybe you should try it and stop keyboard warmongering? Have you yet to even fly the JF17 since you've listed it as "ABANDONED"? I have helped further the development of this weapon. What you choose to believe is up to you.

They reverted their compromise. They wanted a laser homing rocket that spun and DCS didnt offer it. So they went one direction while they waited for ED to build it. You chose to take the fight a different direction.

Question for you - what other work was put off, delayed or neglected because you wanted what you wanted and moaned loud enough for it to happen? Do you think like that? You realize this is a small shop with a small # of programmers who cant move the mountain. Maybe your expectations need to be tempered with the human side of the equation? Or can you think that far out?

Enjoy your keyboard warmongering.

TJ is OUT!

Take it easy. I am not sure why you have suddenly taken such a negative attitude towards me. Just because I do not agree with your shortsighted and rather stereotypical views does not mean you have to start attacking my actions. The fact that you keep presenting yourself as the best example to get results is rather comical.

I was not aware it was hurting you this much to read my comments. I have said before but you chose to ignore it and continued to start a petty fight. I will say it again:

foxwxl has finally acknowledged the problem and Uboats has confirmed that it is getting fixed. I see no further reason to continue debating this issue.

I find it funny how you use such big words when describing me. I must have some "agenda". ;)

TB is OUT? I think.

Edited by Terrorban

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Hey TB - have you tried the BRM yet? I had another successful series of sorties with the BRM in multiplayer. Appreciate all the hard work Deka has done to continue to develop the platform. Hope you are having fun and spending less time whining about how you cant employ the weapon!

TJ

I've tried it and I was not happy. But I must say it was better than previous one.

I gave up on this rocket anyway since Deka disabled the ability to carry it on inner pylon for realism, I respect that.

I move my WMD to CBU-97 for now lol.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I've tried it and I was not happy. But I must say it was better than previous one.

I gave up on this rocket anyway since Deka disabled the ability to carry it on inner pylon for realism, I respect that.

I move my WMD to CBU-97 for now lol.

They maybe move them back. Well, I hope that they will do it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4336497&postcount=75

My skins

Hey TB - have you tried the BRM yet? I had another successful series of sorties with the BRM in multiplayer. Appreciate all the hard work Deka has done to continue to develop the platform. Hope you are having fun and spending less time whining about how you cant employ the weapon!

TJ

Sorry mate. I am not spending what little time I have on this jet. I will pick it up once Deka pulls it out of early access by the end of this year. That is, if it is still an enjoyable module at that point.

I own plenty other modules to keep me busy for my A2G enjoyment. I am glad you are having fun though. I wish there were more people flying this jet.

I have no idea what Deka are doing with this module currently, and like foxwxl said, it is Chinese logic to not communicate their plans. I will just leave them to their secrecy and hope for positive results.

Edited by Terrorban
Typos

Shame!

I hope others dont find this thread and have a similar fate. The BRM is totally manageable in its current state despite the constant negative press received.

TJ

Edited by Tj1376

Shame!

I hope others dont find this thread and have a similar fate. The BRM is totally manageable in its current state despite the constant negative press received.

TH

The last few times I flew with it I had great success! I even set up an awkward training mission with lots of ground threats to hone my targeting and evasion.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I just tried them in latest OB and now I can get 3 off in a single pass.

5 out of 7 hits on static objects at Sanaki (the helicopters and An-2 parked out on the ramp).

anyway

we are changing the current beam ride to 25L like guidance.

25L spin is hardcoded, so we are trying to add spin for player launched brm1

for ai, currently no solution.

Great news! The correct guidance method arguably has far more of an effect on game play than the rocket spinning in a physically correct manner.

I just tried them in latest OB and now I can get 3 off in a single pass.

5 out of 7 hits on static objects at Sanaki (the helicopters and An-2 parked out on the ramp).

Can you share your ACMI? Im curious how you get 3 off in a single pass! But thats GREAT work!!!

TJ

Can you share your ACMI? Im curious how you get 3 off in a single pass! But thats GREAT work!!!

TJ

Thanks!

See the attached.

Tacview-20200617-072350-DCS-JF-17 - Caucus - Kobuleti - Ramp - Training - MP.txt.zip

YOOOOOO!!!!!

THEY'RE FINALLY SALH ROCKETS YEEEEEEEHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer3nc::cheer3nc::beer::beer::drunk::drunk::v::v::drink::drink::prop::prop:

also on a slightly unrelated side note SD-10 got it's 100 second battery life again and got a serious boost in CCM resistance. D.I.S. IS THE BEST :beer:

Edited by J20Stronk

YOOOOOO!!!!!

THEY'RE FINALLY SALH ROCKETS YEEEEEEEHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer3nc::cheer3nc::beer::beer::drunk::drunk::v::v::drink::drink::prop::prop:

also on a slightly unrelated side note SD-10 got it's 100 second battery life again and got a serious boost in CCM resistance. D.I.S. IS THE BEST :beer:

Is this in the update that dropped 5 minutes ago (metaphorically speaking)?

I just had an alert that an update was available but zero time to try anything.

What please share the LUA!!! :pilotfly::joystick:

I believe CCM value is in radians as in radians away from notch. So the .04 value on AIM-120C is approximately 2.3 degrees, I don’t know if that’s in degreees from 90 or 1.15 degrees to each side of notch. But the old value of .14 was a little over 8 degrees, any change would be pretty drastic lol

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yes, it's in the newest hotfix from today Tiger.

Gloria;

CCM was lowered from 0.15 to 0.08

fi_search was increased to 1.05 from 0.175

supersonic_A_coeff_skew was increased to 0.25 from 0.1

And battery life was increased to 100 from 80

Okay that’s all amazing sorry to derail from BRM 1 90:) Meed to try that also

I always though Fi search was gimbal limits damn....and what is A co efficient...

CCM of .08 is about 4.5 degrees in radians, they would have to fly that close to notch for chaff to work. I think that’s pretty reasonable compared to the .04 value of AIM-120C

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg