Is this aircraft supposed to have NVG capability or not?

Andysim212

I tried and although it works its almost impossible to see anything :)

I am asking because I managed to fill my tanks for the first time in A2A refueling and got carried away burning around the Nevada map until it got dark. Could not see anything with them.

Thanks

Did you adjust the brightness of the NVG's?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote- “In 1994 VF-11 added another upgrade to the F-14, giving it the capability to use NVG's (Night Vision Goggles). These literally allow pilots to see in the dark, replacing instrument flying with a clear (but green tinted) view of the world around them. While having their limitations, NVG's provide a big leap in night time capability, especially in roles such as precision night bombing, forward air control and combat search and rescue, where accuracy and being able to correctly identify the target are essential.

The NVG's are mounted onto the pilot's helmet and flip up out of view when not needed. As NVG's multiply available light hundreds of times changes had to be made to the F-14's internal and instrument lighting, which if left at their normal level would blind pilots wearing NVG's. Thus VF-11 developed a set of filters and lenses to fit over F-14 cockpit instruments and controls to allow the flight crew to change between normal and NVG lighting.“

Source- http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-squadron-vf011.htm

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

This plane was out before NVGs were widely used. So the A/B won't be NVG compatible, but the D might be?

A/B models were fitted with NVG lighting. Before VDIG-R, the VDI still required a separate filter to be placed over it, but the rest of the lighting was compatable.