Su27 - A complete guide to combat employment and tactics

Santi871

Regarding ECM are you sure it denies the F-15 a TWS shot, even after burn through?

Awesome guide though!

I'm not sure it prevents it after burn through, but at that point TWS doesn't make a big difference. I don't bother with ECM, I'd rather have more missiles.

Santi871 , I'm jealous...you had spare time and you made this guide. Great supplement to newbies. Awesome work.

BTW looking at your name, are you a female ? Just asking , nothing more hehehe

Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Good work Santi, an enjoyable read.

I'd just like to add that an F-15 can be just as deadly in a mountain fight, also, seasoned Eagle drivers would not play this game most of the time and would turn away, stay high and wait for you to come out as you would burn fuel faster (especially if res-pawning is not allowed)

I'd also like to point out that Flankers are still a force to be reckoned with even on flat terrain especially in a TvT setup and this has already been proven many times.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Just made an account to say thank you for your awesome guide. I play DCS for 3 weeks now, and I'm in PvP since Friday.

I've read your great guide now every single day and I'm pretty sure I know it by heart soon. I'm reading so much stuff, but your guide is by far the most awesome piece of information I've found so far. It's so incredible helpful, thank you very much.

I don't think so... for the time being I'm horrible with the F15C because I don't like using the AIM120 and that is its only major advantage.

The AIM-120C is not it's only major advantage. It's major advantage is it's situational awareness. I can go after SU-27's with sparrows all day not using a single AIM-120C and still be just as deadly.

If you are really skilled you can get a lot of SA in the SU-27. But a similar F-15 pilot that is on the same skill level as that SU-27 pilot will get even more SA. And that is where the strength of the F-15 is. I can engage and defend up to 6 targets and more in the F-15 by only looking at the RWR (If it's a smart thing is something else). Impossible in the SU-27. In the SU-27 it will only give signals for 2 threats. And if there are 2 friendly's with you with their radar on pointing at you it get's even more difficult.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

The AIM-120C is not it's only major advantage. It's major advantage is it's situational awareness. I can go after SU-27's with sparrows all day not using a single AIM-120C and still be just as deadly.

If you are really skilled you can get a lot of SA in the SU-27. But a similar F-15 pilot that is on the same skill level as that SU-27 pilot will get even more SA. And that is where the strength of the F-15 is. I can engage and defend up to 6 targets and more in the F-15 by only looking at the RWR (If it's a smart thing is something else). Impossible in the SU-27. In the SU-27 it will only give signals for 2 threats. And if there are 2 friendly's with you with their radar on pointing at you it get's even more difficult.

Yeah the RWR of the F15 is good at giving the greater picture as I said in the guide but not as good for single targets. The idea of my tactics is to do some sort of recon with the radar as you go into the battle to counter this.

But the only reason you can get Sparrow kills is that most people don't know how to use the Su27 which is why I made this guide.

And the F15C isn't really designed for mountain fighting. It has a much poorer vertical scan mode and the lack of a "sneaky" IRST which coupled with the subpar sidewinders makes it much more challenging and not as effective.

I understand. But yes you're guide is really help full. Cleared a lot of things up for me about the SU-27. I feel a little less lost now in that bird.

Practice helps a lot! I like that this guide is useful, but I mainly thought of it as a kickstarter for people to begin exploring the systems and hopefully come up with new tactics and knowledge :)

The most important thing for me is the IFF. The trick on this guide is really good. Last Sunday I killed 2 bandits using ET in 104 server. Turned my radar off, track them using EOS, flank them, IFF with radar on then off. And the poor guy never know what hit em.....hehehe

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

The most important thing for me is the IFF. The trick on this guide is really good. Last Sunday I killed 2 bandits using ET in 104 server. Turned my radar off, track them using EOS, flank them, IFF with radar on then off. And the poor guy never know what hit em.....hehehe

same... 3 guys today and one of them with a R73 close range

the EOS alongside with the R72ET is the perfect combination for kills just make sure to IFF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Yeah the RWR of the F15 is good at giving the greater picture as I said in the guide but not as good for single targets. The idea of my tactics is to do some sort of recon with the radar as you go into the battle to counter this.

But the only reason you can get Sparrow kills is that most people don't know how to use the Su27 which is why I made this guide.

And the F15C isn't really designed for mountain fighting. It has a much poorer vertical scan mode and the lack of a "sneaky" IRST which coupled with the subpar sidewinders makes it much more challenging and not as effective.

While I agree the f15 isn't exactly the best on mountain flying and VSM is virtually worthless and the sidewinders aren't the best. How ever please do not say the only reason we get sparrow kills is because someone does not know how to use the su27.. I can tell you right now with certainty that I have K.O. several good su27 pilots that were in mountains with the Sparrow. There are situations that with the f15 that using a sparrow is much better then anything else being carried. I can tell you this, that If I spot you and I am where I want to be and you are pre-ocupied or just not prepared you're not going to get out of it. Ask Winchester this. I have sent him into the ground with aim7s on a few occasions.

Ohh and yeah nothing is more funny then getting an aim7 kill while in flood mode.. It's the ultimate troll.

On a side note with flying in the mountains. If we had [the f15] SS mode it would be much much more closer of a playing field then what it is now. So much so that I wouldn't be hesitent following you guys in. Rather then let you play in the mountains while I extend gain altitude for a look down search.

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

If I spot you and I am where I want to be and you are pre-ocupied or just not prepared you're not going to get out of it.

That's precisely the issue. Once you spot me you've already rang my bells and I've already dived into a valley before you even have a chance to close in and/or IFF. I already know where you are and how close, so I already know what to do. It's difficult to sneak up on people with the F15C, you need to keep track of them visually and keep your radar off.

Part of being a good pilot is being prepared for anything and not letting your enemies be where they want to be.

you know I think it's probably not the place here to argue.. I don't want to do this. Mainly because Santi's write up is damn good for a begining and for working as a lone wolf. There are pros and cons to this.

I don't think everything you're trying to argue santi as sound but you have some validation to it.

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.