The old Airfields only got new textures

Smith

I just wanted to say that i hope that the old Airfields someday get a real update. I really like the new updated Caucasus map, but it is a little drawback that important airbases like Sochi and Krasnodar still look like as it was in Lock On, just with more trees and new textures.

Time for some Black Sea map screen shot love. Here are a few close ups of the detail applied to several existing and new airbases. As always these are WIP, DX9 and subject to change.

New Black Sea map airbases for A-10C include:

Mozdok

Tbilisi Lochini

Soganlug

Vaziani

Updated airbases:

Batumi

Senaki

Sukhumi

-Matt

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57699

^ This is what i want for every Airbase

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

I absolutely agree with you.

I think that a great opportunity was lost, airfields whould have been modernized, with "modern" infrastructures, 2.5 looks so empty.

And I think we'll never seen a current era caucasus map as the devs are now concentrated on new maps and modules.

I would personally pay for a full rework of current 2.5 caucasus.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

...I would personally pay for a full rework of current 2.5 caucasus.

You are in the minority ... to most users, this is the free Map, so its understandable that ED wants to make it as attractive as possible, but without breaking the bank on it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Although the “new” Caucasus Map is a definate upgrade, I agree that it needs infrastructure updates. There is a need for a greater variety of region specific buildings. The airbases do not currently match real world layout at all, and the Road network though the Urban areas is very basic. I may be in the minority, but I would pay for upgrades to the Caucuses map. Even if it were an idividual airbase or Cityscape product.

I would especially be interested in products that would add detail to the outer edges of the Black Sea. Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, the Crimean Peninsula, Etc. Caucuses could be used as a test bed for expansion products. In this way, a new series of “mini-Scenery” products could be developed, drastically reducing the time between product releases of the larger regions.

-Woog

That approach would make multiplayer a nightmare, where some clients would have these add-ons while others don't.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

While I see your point, a solution would be to update the standard free map just slightly. Where the Existing airbase ramp and taxiway layout would change to match the new High Detail Version. This way in multiplayer, taxi position, and parking would be synced.

I see on the TBS site the Crimea is already WIP, I really hope this comes to the DCS version of the map as well.

-Woog