manual Prop pitch doesn't work

EDIT - I think I got it now ..

My biggest problem was following the guides that start with 2500 rpm. If I do that by the time of the takeoff my rpm would drop and drop and I stall.

I now instead slam the throttle to full power to get airborne and stay airborne. There is only one chance, and it makes the takeoff so fast that I think I can memorize it (5 seconds or so). If all goes well, I am in the air after 5 seconds.

1.pull stick right bottom (full)

dont push the rudder yet

2. a bit of flaps down, and preferred trim

3. full throttle

4. push the right wheel brake right away once and then a few times again so that the aircraft stays straight

5. apply right rudder once it begins to get authority

6. now if I move stick slowly forward after about 5 seconds, the aircraft should now begin to ascent and with a bit of luck I can keep it :)

One reason I found for my frustration is that this is much harder in Nevada - for whatever reason when I go to Normandy it works most of the time, but in Nevada the plane behaves differently, due to air pressure, concrete or whatever.

Of course in the Spitfire my drama begins anew, and it is almost like a completely new game - if I apply the technique from the 109 during takeoff I have no control at all over the Spitfire - but at least I begin to master the 109, this is a little bit more encouraging now.

After 2 days just leanring how to get a plane in the air, I had to buy the L-39 so that I can feel like a pilot again :) Life's good.

EDIT 2: Eh, what I really wanted to say was that I leave the governor and prop pitch alone, and it still works.

Edited by Burning Bridges

Aaaaaaaaaand it's gone again. Have made some changes to my stick and it's unpossible again, I actually get the plane in the air but now she stalls every time.

After 50 failed attempts I give up, this is too hard for a normal person.

Hi,

:D The BF 109's nickname : widowmaker

Check the settings for the BF109

Check Game Flight/Avionic : disabled

Set Take-Off Assistance to 0

Aileron Trim to 2

Rudder Trim to -20

Axis : Set the Rudder Curvature to e.g. 45

Create a mission with an air-start

Set immediately the Horizontal Stabilizer Trim to +2

Fly a test

The horizontal flight should fine without great inputs

Test the Horizontal Stabilizer Trim with values from - to +

Download Chuck's BF109 guide and see page 23 TAKEOFF PROCEDURE

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

Set the Horizontal Stabilizer Trim to +1 on the runway

-

In german planes you should 'fly' ATA not RPM.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Indeed, there is prop pitch automation so just set correct ata and let the "computer" do the rest. 1.35 for take-off, 1.05/1.25 for cruise etc.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS there are no planes with a BMW engine.

The Bf 109 has a DB605 and the Dora a Jumo 213. The only plane with a BMW engine I know of would be the Fw190A or F.

Exactly, that was my point. Iirc even German Bombers and Stukas set their throttle according to ATA and not RPM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

The Jumo 213 was flown by RPM, it's stated in the engine and pilot manual of the Dora.

In Performance charts of FW190D and Ta152, you can only see rpm settings, no ata values.

The ata indicator was used for monitoring perposes.

That was my point. All other engines, DB and BMW were mainly flown by ATA.

Edited by Flying-Kane

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

The Jumo 213 was flown by RPM, it's stated in the engine and pilot manual of the Dora.

In Performance charts of FW190D and Ta152, you can only see rpm settings, no ata values.

You are right! Every day something new. :thumbup: I guess the reason for this was the "Einhebelbediengerät" developed by Junkers which automatically managed manifold pressure, charger switching and alike.

The Ta-152 C-1 was equipped with the DB 603 engine, which had a similar engine management system, so I guess that explains why it also has RPM settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

This may be, but Erich Brunotte says that the pilots flew only according to pressure ("Ladedruck")

The Ta-152 C-1 was equipped with the DB 603 engine, which had a similar engine management system, so I guess that explains why it also has RPM settings.

Oooo.kay ..

I just checked an I am really a bit surprised.

Never knew they did not build the Ta152 around an improved Jumo! It's a bit hard to understand why it kept the long-nose Dora design, but probably the center of mass was so much different to the 109, or the plane had just become more of the high altitude fighter they wanted, not a low altitude dogfighter like the 190A.

Speaking of centers of mass, but imo the beauty of the Focke-Wulf design got lost along the way. The original Fw190 must have looked more like a spaceship or something from the future, it's imo simply a breathtakingly clean design. And it may not have been efficient but that huge airscrew covering is extremely beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WivNmE3w-0o

fr%2006-2014%20Focke-Wulf%20-%20Fw%20190%20%2802%29.jpg.5984984.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting interview, we're still waiting for Part II :)

Jump to min 6.00.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Interesting interview, we're still waiting for Part II :)

Jump to min 6.00.

......good vid...........thanks for posting +1:pilotfly:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals