A-10 mishap

Sn8ke_iis

Thread started here already Sn8ke_iis

A-10C in the news again

All good tho, and Welcome to the forums Sn8ke_iis.

"But on his second pass, DeVries' gun malfunctioned. Simultaneously, the canopy of his aircraft blew off. With the canopy off and flying at about 325 knots, the wind caught in his helmet and slammed DeVries' head back into the seat." Full story

Another reason it's nice to sit in that titanium tub! over the top of a 30mm Gatling autocannon between your legs:cry:

Perhaps a round went haywire and took out a few things, he also lost only the front landing gear, so he couldn't lower the rear when landing.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

did a round discharge without the breech being locked? or did the breech fail?

sounds like overpressure within the aircraft. that blew off the panels below and the canopy above. also damaging the front wheel in its bay.

a very lucky pilot.

• Like 1

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.