Hi, altitude hold not working, could anyone give me a hint, thanks..

bestwishes

I have nothing to offer here,

I fly her so low and so fast that some sort of dependence on an automated altitude hold will get me killed for sure!

Sorry.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I have nothing to offer here,

I fly her so low and so fast that some sort of dependence on an automated altitude hold will get me killed for sure!

Sorry.

Quite the same for me, I don't feel the need for use it!

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 3 weeks later...

Well it does work I just tested it in the minigun version. The thing is in Alt mode it will attempt to maintain altitude however you as the pilot still need to control yaw and roll, you can adjust altitude by cyclic and if you level off it should hold the new altitude.

Turn on the controls indicator to get a feel for how it interacts with input.

In that regard it is more of an assist and not a full blown hands off autopilot. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Alt and speed hold are a little tricky to get set. You need to be flying perfectly level to get alt hold on, and at a fairly stable speed. One thing that will help is to have the controls indicator on, R-cntl + enter. Alt or Speed will be displayed once you get it working.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys it's not that difficult and you don't need to be that fast or that high, just saying.

For those that use a joystick you may need to carefully trim but meh who uses trim or a joystick?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Works here once I get the usage parameters right. It is useful for longer flights where you might have to concentrate on other issues than maintaining altitude.

I think the important thing to take into consideration is that even once it is ON, that it will drop out again if speed drops below the criteria for it to be set in the first place, which I believe is 120Km/h, and that using the collective in this mode lowers or raises speed.

• 1 month later...