Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

We perfectly coordinate actions in the TS, although the SRS also listens

Good to know! I just hope that at least some of the russians who listen on SRS can also reply in english (basic english), to plan cooperation on objectives/tasks.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 4 weeks later...

Updating about an upcoming stress test we are going to run tomorrow (7th of April, 19:00z - 22:00z).

Stress Test - Caucasus

While we are working to improve BF, we would like to stress test and see where we are with the current open beta version and setup before extending some more features which would probably create stress on he server.

Tomorrow 7th April, 19:00z - 22:00z. We will open BF Caucasus for a limit of 80 players to stress test.

Please spread the word and help us populate the server to the maximum capacity.

We appreciate your help and hope we get to stress test the server to the maximum of its capacity and capabilities.

Buddyspike Team

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding gameplay on the Blue Flag server:

1 - If I place down AA systems, SA-6 and Manpads (or EWR) for example, how long will they be on the ground? Are they removed when the server restarts every few hours? How many missiles do they carry and how do I rearm them?

2 - Can all troops capture an objective, for example Anti Tank and Mortar crews, or can this be done only by "regular" troops?

3 - Lately I've seen LAV-25 and BMPs driving around. Are these controlled by AI or players?

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have not flown Blue Flag for long time and I was planning to rejoin again.

Sorry for the silly question but when I was about to register I have read the document called BuddySpike Operation:BLUEFLAG 2.5 and it does not list the F/A-18C as available.

This is the only thing I am flying now in DCS and makes no sense to register at this moment if I cannot fly. Can you please confirm if the hornet is available or not?

In any case thanks for the answer :thumbup:

I have another question / request. Would it be possible to have a Blue Flag Persian Gulf scenario Miz with all the FARPS, carriers equipment and bases as they are in the official scenario but without scripts, triggers or flyable units? Just the terrain and the statics.

I would like to be able to use Combatflite to planify my flights but either I create the template myself or it is existing and available the terrain plus the installations used in Blue Flag persian Guf available.

Thanks in advance!!:thumbup:

• 2 months later...

OPERATION%20BLUE%20FLAG_zpswwulzvqu.png

Hi Everyone!

We are about to launch a new official tour in the month of September with sponsorship and support of Pimax and ED.

As the new official tour will start in a few weeks, we would like to invite everyone to experience the latest Blue Flag.

Here are some status updates on the latest running Blue Flag:

1. Blue Flag is currently running on 3 maps - Persian Gulf, Caucasus, Normandy.

2. We have improved our statistics to work based on a monthly tour for each map, you will now see the top pilots for each map for the past tour. (tour = month).

3. There are deployable controlled BTRs and Artillery available to allow Combined Arms activity when engaging objectives.

4. Units are dynamically spawned in objectives to increase randomness and allow Combined Arms battles to defend objectives.

5. Commanders allow working with each coalition to direct tactics and deploy logistics such as Tanker, AWACS etc..

6. Weapon restrictions by aerodromes.

Although this was fun (August 2015) -

map2_zpsploibkbt.jpg

There are many many new changes and features that are constantly updating.

We welcome everyone to join and experience our 24/7 dynamic campaign that has been running for the past 4 years on DCS.

Website - http://www.buddyspike.net

Live Maps & Statistics - http://gadget.buddyspike.net

Discord - https://discord.gg/Q5VQnhA

blue_flag_logo.png See you in the skies!

buddyspike%20site%20banner.jpg

Although not mentioned I have enjoyed the more varying weather conditions (wind & fog) that have been introduced. :thumbup:

I would also welcome more night time gameplay, which is very rare so far. :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...

Is there something weird with the server, it looks like its up online, and I can't see it in the server list?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is there something weird with the server, it looks like its up online, and I can't see it in the server list?

Yeah, noticed the same yesterday. It just didn't appear on the server list anymore. Connecting by IP still works though.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, noticed the same yesterday. It just didn't appear on the server list anymore. Connecting by IP still works though.

Is the IP listed somewhere?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

hey I have a question : Why does the AIM-54 Mk 60 are ban ?

I rather only have 2 Mk 60 than 4 Mk 47...

And if you said "because it's OP" what about the aim-9x ?

Anyway thanks for this fabulous server :D

Well,

#1: realistically iran doesn't operate the Mk60

#2 Both sides have the aim9x (F18/F16) plus iran has the R-73 for its miggies.

#1: realistically iran doesn't operate the Mk60

Don't take it too negative but since when BF has anything to do with realism....

#2 Both sides have the aim9x (F18/F16) plus iran has the R-73 for its miggies.

More like this... its just a pure gaming-balancing thing.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Don't take it too negative but since when BF has anything to do with realism....

Talking about balancing, the fa18 (and f-16) are much more capable planes with next generation avionics.

The top players are often fa18 for exemple.

It's sometimes hard with the f14 withing 25nm because the radar struggle to lock and have an iff is a nightmare.

Hopefully de have the TV camera but de need to get 8nm from enmy to iff visually.

That is why I rather have 2 mk60 than 4 mk47.

(Also that is an other topic but I Wonder which team will get the oh58D kiowa :D)

• 2 months later...

Is there any chance to have specific period related aircraft, from time to time?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I know. But I dare to dream :)

Occasionally a 3rd gen scenario is run on Caucasus.

That sounds cool. But 95% of the time cauc seems deader than a doornail.

Which airframes are included?

Id assume f5 and mig21 and some of the trainers. A10A and su25A from fc3. Not much else if one is being strict which i kinda doubt for BF.

I kinda agree.

Why not just remove any restriction on weapons to attract more players. BF servers only full of players once a week seems rather wasted on resource IMO.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze