[BUG] Right engine does not spin up after re-spawning form being shot down

AMRAAM_Missiles

Currently, the jet won't spin up the right engine and always stuck at 20% RPM, even after fuel introduction. The only way to clear this up , is to restart the game altogether. The left engine would start up just fine.

Asking Ground Crew to repair the plane does nothing.

LCjMTTI.jpg

Edited by IronMike

Working on updates...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same, tried a few different things, switched slots, cross bleed start, right engine just doesn't come up sometimes after losing the bird.

This has been on the 104th server, I did not experience this -at all- in day one, day two and onward it started to crop up.

Same here!

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Same here. Got shot down, respawned and the right engine won't do shit.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Anyone able to confirm this happens specifically when you loose an engine before going down? Every time this has happened to me, I've lost an engine due to damage before actually crashing.

I'm also wondering what exactly causes this. I only know it doesn't happen every time I get shot down, so I guess there must be some specific damage happen to the aircraft prior to blowing up.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Had the same. First noticed it on a server so jumped into SP and had same issue. Had to run a DCS repair to fix it.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I had this same problem. The resolution was to leave the server and join again. This seems to happen very rarely. The time it did happen, I left the server and started an SP mission and was still able to start the engine.

In the maybe 40-50 times I've had to respawn this has only happened once.

I had this same problem. The resolution was to leave the server and join again. This seems to happen very rarely. The time it did happen, I left the server and started an SP mission and was still able to start the engine.

In the maybe 40-50 times I've had to respawn this has only happened once.

Good to know. I never saw this bug in testing, will see if I can track it down.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Just had this bug again after taking two missiles from the rear before ejecting.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So current SOP is to exit out of DCS altogether any time you need to respawn?

Tonight was my first time dipping my toe in MP (after 10 years with DCS!), got blown up during my first taxi. Spent almost 30 minutes trying to cold start multiple jets, no right engines will start.

Finally said screw it, called it a night.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

In the times I’ve sat down to try and reproduce this bug I’ve been unable to do it. Unfortunately it takes a lot of time to test and I’ve got other larger things on my plate at the moment. Hopefully one day it’ll happen and I can find out why.

Edited by fat creason

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations