[NO BUG] Carrier Take Off Issues

Wavehopper

Bit of an odd one this but it relates to the flight model of the F-14B.

Just for a laugh I tried taking off from the Stennis backwards without catapult assistance. I took off from the carrier just fine and easily maintained ascent with air brakes on and downwind.

No stores, 30-40% fuel load, air brakes on, down wind. That has got to raise a few questions.

Edited by IronMike

Tbh if I am practicing case patterns I always just unhook and then burner airborne of the front of the ship, works in the 18 and the 14 no problem at light weight as in below trap weight. I don't see it as a problem though.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

No stores, 30-40% fuel load, air brakes on, down wind. That has got to raise a few questions.

Nothing unusual because:

- you're light enough

- speedbrakes are not that much efficient at low speed

- wind was probably not that strong

- I bet you used AB - a forbidden practice too.

What take off issues?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

When light enough most modern jet fighter aircraft exceed their thrust-to-weight ratio over 1 which makes them almost like a rocket. Unbelievable things are possible in that state. DCS filght models are pretty high level so if you can pull sth here it's usually possible IRL too although even test pilots are not brave/stupid enough to try some of the stunts :thumbup:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria