Old 08-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #11
L0op8ack
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocrachon View Post
https://militarywatchmagazine.com/ar...e-capabilities

^-- Flat out says Block I did not have Datalink like Block II

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/secur...ighter.450130/

^--- Indicates that prior to 2014 (which is Block I) they did not have Datalink (Source is also from Pakistan)

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...r-chinese.html

^--- Shared Datalink not till Block III it sorta sounds like? (Quote from China)

So I am confused, are we getting a Block 2 or Block 1?

Datalink (Enhanced version LINK-16) was described in detail in the flight manual(CN and EN versions) since 2006.
L0op8ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #12
Hatefury

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0op8ack View Post
Datalink (Enhanced version LINK-16) was described in detail in the flight manual(CN and EN versions) since 2006.
Good to know. The work you've shown so far looks excellent. Looking forward to some more in depth information and of course the aircraft itself.
Hatefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #13
chief

I sure hope we don't get this overly modeled add-on based on data the devs "thought" were correct. That's all we need on multiplayer servers is a J17 with 2040 technology and weapons. The Phoenix is bad enough
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:52 PM   #14
AeriaGloria

We’ll be fine. I’m sure the manufacturers downplayed the utility of the datalink. Who knows what “block II has datalink” means. It could mean a more advanced datalink that provides weapons quality lock target transfer for more than the C-802. There has to be reason it is in the 2006 manual.
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #15
probad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I sure hope we don't get this overly modeled add-on based on data the devs "thought" were correct.
whatever they have is likely much more authoritative than the sparse information available from googling, sources which often don't even agree with each other
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Last edited by probad; 08-13-2019 at 11:24 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #16
ShadowFrost

Quote:
I sure hope we don't get this overly modeled add-on based on data the devs "thought" were correct. That's all we need on multiplayer servers is a J17 with 2040 technology and weapons. The Phoenix is bad enough
Funnily enough, other than the guidance bug (not losing track/ability to regain track) its probably the most correct missile in DCS currently other than the Aim-7 (AIM-7 has improved guidance g-restrictions, quite basic still but is an API limitation, which have not made their way to other missiles). It can't be told when to go pit-bull due to missile API limitations which are being worked on/improved. But actual weapon performance is the closest of any DCS missile (besides the aim-7 potentially) due to it having G-restrictions and lofting before pit-bull. But it still has a good ways to be improved as the G-restrictions and lofting aren't matching where they should but that is currently waiting once again on the missile API.

You don't exactly get to just make a module for DCS, they will have to provide information to ED and go through ED's approval process before release to ensure it is up to standards in terms of accuracy for what is available through DCS.
ShadowFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:02 AM   #17
chief

Well after chatting with an ex F14 pilot, it sure sounds like ED has got the phoenix wrong.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:55 AM   #18
ShadowFrost

Quote:
Well after chatting with an ex F14 pilot, it sure sounds like ED has got the phoenix wrong.
Edit- Its likely limitations of the API, but this isn't the place for that discussion. Plenty of forums on Heatblurs side for that kind of thing.

Last edited by ShadowFrost; 08-14-2019 at 06:15 AM.
ShadowFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:42 AM   #19
probad

its also both fallacious and rude to drag in the issues of another developer here
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:09 AM   #20
AeriaGloria

Well now it’s got me wondering about how the rwr and missile warning info is displayed
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote