Problems with training mission 1 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-01-2019, 12:33 AM   #11
Cody

I encountered some problems in training mission 1:
- on some step after engine start (I don't remember the exact number, sorry) he asked to turn VOR on, but immediately jumped to the next step even if VOR was still off
- some steps after there was the ailerons visual check, but I got stuck there as I couldn't find a way to go on: I moved the ailerons full left-right but nothing, pressed specebar but also nothing (and it wasn't adviced to press it go on), changed trim.... I abandoned the mission

Now, to me the voice is not unpleasent, but he speaks too much, and the training is too long, it's not possible to skip steps doing things faster, or pressing spacebar when possible, we must wait the end of each speech, so, even if problems will be resolved, it's a pain to start it over again.

By the way, I found another problem, not strictly related to this mission, but with startup from cold and dark (maybe it's better a specific thread, but I prefere to anticipate): in more then one case it wasn't possible to start the engine: at the step to hold ignition switch on start for 2 second did nothing, the ignition lamp didn't illuminate, the only result was N2 rising to 20 then falling to 0 (while N1, after little delay respect to N2, rised to 10 and then falled down), and after few seconds this routine repeated, over and over again, no way to stop it, even disconnecting gpu, switching off batteries.... The last time happened in train miz 1, I followed all steps of checklist, only differences were: when checking ignition switch is OFF I wrongly moved it to start, and also to continuos, but after put it to OFF; and also when checking 4 pump switches OFF I moved some of them to AUTO or to MAN, but after put on OFF... these are steps in before start checklist, so no GPU, no batteries, so these errors are expected to be inifluential on next steps...

And after today update it seams that I can't fire, neither gun or weapons at pylons.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:56 AM   #12
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
- on some step after engine start (I don't remember the exact number, sorry) he asked to turn VOR on, but immediately jumped to the next step even if VOR was still off
That's right, we'll look at it, though it doesn't prevent the mission to continue, but just facilitates it.
Quote:
- some steps after there was the ailerons visual check, but I got stuck there as I couldn't find a way to go on: I moved the ailerons full left-right but nothing, pressed specebar but also nothing (and it wasn't adviced to press it go on), changed trim.... I abandoned the mission
There is no issue with ailerons check, you just simply need to move the stick left and right to full deflection, you probably have a faulty joystick or you are using a specific profile that prevents full controls deflection.

Quote:
Now, to me the voice is not unpleasent, but he speaks too much, and the training is too long, it's not possible to skip steps doing things faster, or pressing spacebar when possible, we must wait the end of each speech, so, even if problems will be resolved, it's a pain to start it over again.
That can be easily avoided by simply using time acceleration (LCtrl+Z) and returning to normal time (LShift+Z).

Quote:
By the way, I found another problem, not strictly related to this mission, but with startup from cold and dark (maybe it's better a specific thread, but I prefere to anticipate): in more then one case it wasn't possible to start the engine: at the step to hold ignition switch on start for 2 second did nothing, the ignition lamp didn't illuminate, the only result was N2 rising to 20 then falling to 0 (while N1, after little delay respect to N2, rised to 10 and then falled down), and after few seconds this routine repeated, over and over again, no way to stop it, even disconnecting gpu, switching off batteries.... The last time happened in train miz 1, I followed all steps of checklist, only differences were: when checking ignition switch is OFF I wrongly moved it to start, and also to continuos, but after put it to OFF; and also when checking 4 pump switches OFF I moved some of them to AUTO or to MAN, but after put on OFF... these are steps in before start checklist, so no GPU, no batteries, so these errors are expected to be inifluential on next steps…
You are misusing the engine. Probably burning out the starter (ignition on for too long), or stalling the aircraft, or something else. You should follow correct aircraft procedures.
Quote:
And after today update it seams that I can't fire, neither gun or weapons at pylons.
Please take a look at the changelog published in this forum. Now you should open the Stores Release Guard to fire rockets or missiles or release bombs, and you should unlock the Trigger Safety Catch to shoot cannon/cannons. Or select Easy Flight in main options (Easy Flight option in C-101 only applies to this case, it doesn't affect flight model or anything else).

Last edited by Vibora; 11-01-2019 at 01:59 AM.
Vibora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:13 PM   #13
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
Fixed. You can use this mission/missions. Extract the content of the rar in \Mods\aircraft\C-101\Missions, replacing the original files with these ones.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #14
Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibora View Post
That's right, we'll look at it, though it doesn't prevent the mission to continue, but just facilitates it.
I checked it, it is ok now.

Quote:
There is no issue with ailerons check, you just simply need to move the stick left and right to full deflection, you probably have a faulty joystick or you are using a specific profile that prevents full controls deflection.
This time I had no issues, I haven't changed anything on my joystick/curves etc. (it's an X-56, perfectly calibrated), did you change the accepted ranges (e.g. 2%-98% instead of 0%-100%)?

Quote:
That can be easily avoided by simply using time acceleration (LCtrl+Z) and returning to normal time (LShift+Z).
Nice trick, thanks! It didn't came to mind...

Quote:
You are misusing the engine. Probably burning out the starter (ignition on for too long), or stalling the aircraft, or something else. You should follow correct aircraft procedures.
In order to help improve this little nice aircraft, I took some time and did some tests, so I found that the root cause was in the Ignition Switch. Try following steps:
- Start cold and dark
- Move Ignition Switch to START (and then let it back to OFF)
- Battery ON

From this moment the engine tries to start, this means that the Ignition Switch internally triggers the engine start even if it is not elettrified. So, after that, it could happened what you say.
But the expected beaviour to me is that moving electrical switches while everything is OFF and not electrified shouldn't change anything (any internal state).
Hope it helps.

Quote:
Please take a look at the changelog published in this forum. Now you should open the Stores Release Guard to fire rockets or missiles or release bombs, and you should unlock the Trigger Safety Catch to shoot cannon/cannons. Or select Easy Flight in main options (Easy Flight option in C-101 only applies to this case, it doesn't affect flight model or anything else).
Thanks, I didn't catch that. It could help to update the manual. And also it would be nice to make them clickable
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #15
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Hi Cody.
We didn't change controls range.
Will take a look at starter implementation. Txs.