What are the interactive tutorials like?

idrisguitar

I aim to learn through a mix of youtube manual and most importantly the interactive tutorials that walk through each bit step by step. I really enjoy them.

The huey is high on my list now but I dont want to purchase without asking what kind of tutorials it comes with, and how in depth and well they are executed?

They are honestly the things I enjoy the most right now. as multiplayer is scary and the campaigns are too hard, so its a big factor in my initial fun factor with a new module.

Edited by idrisguitar

It comes with some interactive tutorials and they are okay in my opinion.

In one tutorial, I believe it is the weapon training but isn't sure, there at leas was a bug previously where you are asked to enter a specific doors gunner position but also to hit the key for the other position. I don't know if it is corrected. I also think the same mission had problems with loadouts in tje early stages of DCS 2.X, not having any door gunners at all, but I think that is corrected. Otherwise just edit the miz file and add them.

Also in the radio tutorial there have been reports of a bug where you are supposed to turm a radio ON by clicking a dialer with your mouse. If I remember correctly, the radio is already ON so following tje instructions doesn't make the mission to proceed to the next step. Instead you need to turn the radio OFF with the other mouse button and then turn it ON again.

It's been a long time since I went through these tutorials, so I might be quite wrong (memory failure, missions corrected).

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I aim to learn through a mix of youtube manual and most importantly the interactive tutorials that walk through each bit step by step. I really enjoy them.

The huey is high on my list now but I dont want to purchase without asking what kind of tutorials it comes with, and how in depth and well they are executed?

They are honestly the things I enjoy the most right now. as multiplayer is scary and the campaigns are too hard, so its a big factor in my initial fun factor with a new module.

I too have been contemplating buying the Huey but I'm concerned of it's age. It looks interesting but...is it too old to buy?

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

you have to be special to fly the huey.

fixed wing pilots would probably swap special for insane..

and yes learning to fly the huey may induce its own special brand of psychosis.

called rotor head.

and once you have rotor head you are in fact insane.

and will say insane things like "the huey is the best module in DCS"

The Huey IS the best module in DCS :)

are you mad enough to master it?

mad does not imply stupid.. you need to be systematic and comprehensive about your learning.

and most of that falls on you. the only way to have proper hand holding is with multicrew.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I too have been contemplating buying the Huey but I'm concerned of it's age. It looks interesting but...is it too old to buy?
I bought it the other day and I cannot be happier. Yes you need to download the corrected training missions but after that, that's all fun and if you have other choppers, the transition to the Huey will be very smooth.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

I went through the training missions some weeks ago, they are enough, the radios are missing, but if you know radio from other modules, they are very easy.

The systems are not complicated on this bird, the complicated thing is Hovering, I guess it will take me hundred of hours to master it ... I hope then it transfers to other modules this xD