DCZ DCS Battle-Event

Wunderwolf

We present to you a 1977 Battle

between "blue-forces" and "red-forces".

This Mission has been made up and generated by the playment of the Game/Project Digital Conflict Zones (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3302044) between Malus (Blue-Side Player/Commander) and me (Red-Side).

It includes :

8 x AJS-37 Viggen's

24 x F5-E

1 x UH-1H

1 x SA 342 Gazelle

1 x A-10A

-- Red side forces --

20 x MiG-21Bis

11 x Mi-8 MTV2

1 x L-39ZA

-- Blue side forces --

(Red side has some AI-only aircrafts. Blue side offers Playable units only.)

• Every machine is starting cold on parking slots, AI and Player alike.
  • Every airport is fitted with a pre defined set of equipment. It can be changed by the Player of the DCZ game but are limited to the ressources one player has.
  • Mission is played with f10 off.
  • Mission is played with external camera but limited to own machine. (Mainly to give the ground commander a better 'view' of the battlefield.)
  • Every unit exist only and exactly one time. Hence you probably will only have "one life".
  • The mission runs 2 hours tops.
  • Name/IP of server : TBA
  • Discord for coordination : https://discord.gg/ytmqYqZ
  • SRS : will be installed on the same server ... ip:port will be TBA as well
  • Date : The battle is currently planned for --- 22.09.2019, 7 pm CEST (5 pm UTC/Zulu Time).
  • For preparation and briefing we meet at --- 22.09.2019, 6 pm CEST (4 pm UTC/Zulu Time).

You can sign up by simply login/register on www.digitalconflictzones.net and applying to one of the "contracts" which are part of the game "DCZ 1977-Era Tournament".

To do so, from the main menu press the button "Contract List". Press the name of a Unit. (It is a link which opens a panel showing the coresponding contract.) In the contract-panel press "Apply for contract".

In case you are the first one trying to apply to that very contract, your DCS-Callsign will be shown in the column First applier.

You may additionaly leave a message here to show your interest in this event-like DCS mission. :-)

Every contract gives you additionaly the ability to download a so called "Second Sequence" file. This file can be loaded into the mission editor. It gives you

an idea of the overall situation from one point of view. (Either red or blue side). It also contains some of the enemy forces seeable.

For fairness reasons, you should not download the second sequence files of both sides. So you should have an idea if you wish to be part of Malus or my forces.

Even there are no "contracts" to sign for Fighter Control support (GCI commander) we would like to have one on both sides.

So if you are interested to do GCI (and ATC if need be) during the battle please write a message here for which side you like to be the FC.

Malus and me will be deeply involved in the handling of all ground forces.

Bear in mind that all units "belong" to one of the DCZ players of that very DCZ game. We will probably come up with a (more or less) specific mission.

The credits signed out in those contracts will be counted in your account. Unfortunately it has no real meaning currently. (DCZ is still pre-alpha :-) )

Brief introduction about DCZ (Digital Conflict Zones) :

DCZ is a risk like boardgame which divides a single DCS Map into multiple so called Conflict Zones.

Each zone can host a number of buildings, has a certain oil/fuel reserve and will increase credit income.

Additionally to oil/fuel and credits there are 2 more currencies called construction [CU] and ammo units [AU]. Oil/Fuel, CU and AU

are each produced by buildings in a respective zone per turn and are local to that zone for the moment, only credit income and Research Points [RP] (generated by science buildings) are available globally.

RP are used to get access to modern units as well as increase the productivity for CU,AU and Oil/Fuel.

CU are used to build units in conjunction with credits, AU is used to buy ammunition and fuel is necessary to move units from one zone to the next and to be able to use bought units in battle, which is where DCS comes in.

Now if one zone or more is contested (exposed to a battle) by 2 parties a battle over it with the bought units and ammunition with the limitations of fuel available in that zone is fought in

DCS and here is where imho DCZs strength lies. A mission file for each side respectively with all the active units in that zone is generated, so that each sides commander

can set up the unit positions, then both parties upload their mission file to DCZ. Next up in a second mission file created for each side respectively

which includes the own units with their already set positions and hostile units which are set as visible by type can also be included. Now each side can set up (advanced) waypoints

to plan/react to potentially visible hostile units and again upload this mission to DCZ.

Then DCZ merges all positions and waypoints in a final battle mission file which then is played out in DCS. Now in this battle only units can participate for which sufficient ammunition units

and fuel is present in a zone.

Each zone has 5 triggerzones of 1km diameter in which infantry has to be positioned at the end of the battle. Whoever holds most of the 5 zones in an area wins the battle for that conflict zone.

To follow DCZ you can read up on https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3302044 .

Viable DCZ specific targets and missions during a DCZ/DCS battle :

Buildings (https://www.digitalconflictzones.net/wiki/doku.php?id=buildings)

Destroying buildings will erase the corresponding building from the boardgame. This means that the production of goods will not happen for that very round.

Only exception is when the goods were already on the move by exporting trucks. Thus these trucks should be destroyed as well. ;)

Additionaly every building increases the store cap. Destroying buildings of any kind will probably result in the loss of local stored ressources.

Export Trucks

Destroying export trucks prevents goods to reach its destination. (Other conflict zone were the trucks where heading to).

In case of destruction the goods are additionaly lost.

Troops

Every conflict zone needs a certain number of stationed soldiers. If to many soldiers are lost, a conflict zone can change back to neutral allegiance.

This results in the loss of all stationed units as well as all buildings and the destruction of almost all ressources.

So reducing the troops of the opposing forces is a attractive goal.

Capture Zones

Every conflict zones has 5 DCS-Trigger zones (500m radius) which gets generated for a battle were the conflict zone is exposed to.

At the end of a battle, the troops are counted in every trigger zone. The side which has more troops in one zone gets one point for the "conquest" of

the conflict zone. The side with most points gets the conflict zone on the board game after the battle. (Stalemate favors the defender. Trigger zones with 0 soldiers of both sides brings no point at all.)

Good luck and above all Have Fun! :-)

Sincerely,

der Wolf

Edited by Wunderwolf
Datetime rechudeled

Blue :

Yurgon - UH-1H

Sputnik 1 | AveMe - AJS-37 Viggen

=RvE= MicroVAX - AJS-37 Viggen

Dax - AJS-37 Viggen

TraxusIV - F5-E

Red :

<64>Krippz - MiG-21Bis

[TWB]ec0ke - MiG-21Bis

Nyapon - Mi-8MTV2

Edited by Wunderwolf

You listed the aircraft available aircraft for both sides. My question is just that: which side has what planes?

Wysłane z mojego MI MAX 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first five entries are blue side forces. Or better sayed units from Malus.

The second three entries are red side forces. Which are my units.

As described above you sign up for these units on https://www.digitalconflictzones.net/

There you have maybe some overview which unit specificaly belongs to which side.

But i'll additionaly edit my initial post. :)

Board_046 reserving UH-1

I already applied for it (too bad there's only one Huey. Malus, couldn't you do better than that? :P), but I could also switch over to the Sa-342. Is that okay with you? Then I'll change my application.

If you have an account on https://www.digitalconflictzones.net, you can check who applied for which unit (so far, the Huey was literally 1 of 2 units that someone had already applied for). ;)

I already applied for it (too bad there's only one Huey. Malus, couldn't you do better than that? :P), but I could also switch over to the Sa-342. Is that okay with you? Then I'll change my application.

If you have an account on https://www.digitalconflictzones.net, you can check who applied for which unit (so far, the Huey was literally 1 of 2 units that someone had already applied for). ;)

Nevermind, sorry I was late.

Chopper pilots make History, man. Jetfighters - make movies... ©

Since i got many requests to put the battle to a later time that day the briefing and battle start has been rescheduled to :

- briefing : 6 pm CEST (4 pm UTC)

- battle start : 7 pm CEST (5 pm UTC)

Additionaly some clarification. To sign for the event a registration on the webapplication is not necessary. You may just announce your participation here. (But we encourage appliences for contract on the webpage, hence it makes the organisation part a bit easier)

I also will update the second post regularly with the current applications.

Would it be best for zulu time?

I'm a little bit puzzled by your message. Maybe this is because english is not my main language. :-)

But in case i understand your message somewhat correctly ... and please tell me if i was mistaken ... but ...

UTC is a concrete time zone oriented at which longitude is defined as 0°.

If you dont deviate from UTC you write UTC (or to indicate it more directly you may write UTC±0).

Which is also called "zulut time".

So the information i gave in braces are zulu time. :)

But i can rewrite UTC to "zulu time" if that is less ambigious for the community for sure.

Edit : I edited the first post and added the term "zulu time" :-)

Edited by Wunderwolf

Guys, yours is a fantastic project, it reminds me a lot about the project SEOW with the IL2 1946.

If it is not a problem for you I would like to join my AJS-37 Viggen but I will probably fly alone.

Just a courtesy, which armament will be allowed to be able to train specifically.

Thanks again for this project which I love and brings us virtual pilots to simulate and not to play in arcade mode.

I wish you good work

On fly Dax

Guys, yours is a fantastic project, it reminds me a lot about the project SEOW with the IL2 1946.

If it is not a problem for you I would like to join my AJS-37 Viggen but I will probably fly alone.

Just a courtesy, which armament will be allowed to be able to train specifically.

Thanks again for this project which I love and brings us virtual pilots to simulate and not to play in arcade mode.

I wish you good work

On fly Dax

About the configuration of the available Viggens, Malus will come back to you.

Im not certain what you mean by "alone". :-)

You can participate without coming with some squad mates along.

If the flight Groups of the Viggen consist of multiple units, i cant tell you. Malus know more about that as well.

You may also discuss weapons loadout with Malus.

We're currently both able to put further equipment into the warehouses to the airports which are owned by us.

I enlist you in the second post as "Dax" for a viggen. :-)

Cheers.

I just discovered that our 1977 game wasnt set to be publicly viewable.

This has been corrected now. If you login into https://www.digitalconflictzones.net

click the checkbox beside the 1977 game and press the "View Public Game" button you can see the current board setup of the 1977-event game.

Regards,

der Wolf.

If anyone of you is unsure if this is an event he wish to be part of, but has the desire to talk about it and for event coordination anyways, or for anyone who wish to talk about DCZ in general the DCZ discord is now open for everyone. You may join us on :

https://discord.gg/ytmqYqZ

Cheers,

der Wolf.

Edited by Wunderwolf

I would like to thank the organizers for this wonderful experience that, if I have the chance, I will do again.

I hope soon.

Dax

Many thanks Dax. :-)

We, Malus and me, enjoyed this event very much. It was a great experience to work with all the Pilots (DCS Player) and to become aquinted with the guys who joined us for the first time.

The outcome of this battle has been posted on the DCZ discord.

The current state of our match can be seen on https://www.digitalconflictzones.net/DCZ/ !

Malus and i will play the very next turns of the DCZ game on friday.

(Should be around the time of 5 pm ZULU [uTC].)

I will stream my side on my twitch channel! (

)

The next battle of this playment will be announced again as the 2nd DCZ DCS battle even here on the tournament section.

We hope again to draw many guys from this great community into the upcoming event and hope to see you guys soon.

Cheers,

der Wolf.