2020 Top Gun Tournament

Novak

Sounds great! Especially the Attacker Tournament! Still too early for me to determine whether I'm going to be able to fly on the given dates though, but I'll keep an eye on this.

Good luck, bro :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Sounds great! Especially the Attacker Tournament! Still too early for me to determine whether I'm going to be able to fly on the given dates though, but I'll keep an eye on this.

Good luck, bro :thumbup:

I appreciate the support. Since the attacker tournament is a time trial and point based run, times will be flexible for that. I'm not limited to just weekends. I'll use my own computer to host matches and runs when needed. It's just a Q1 event, no specific days or times are currently scheduled, so I am open to work with everyone to schedule a time for you to get your run on the board. You only need the time to do 1 run, just put a lot of practice in to ensure you're at the top of your game.

Couple of comments. Actually about a million comments but let's start with a couple.

1. We don't have to eat the whole buffet in a single sitting (not that I've haven't tried, many a time). First thing I would do is put up a poll here, see which of your ideas generate the most interest. Which, around here, will likely be the ones that generate the most long-winded arguments :)

2. Think of a name, as "Top Gun Tournament" is already taken (scroll down to the 6th thread ;) ). Maybe name it after an large scale exercise like "Red Flag" or "Cobra Gold." Or show our Russian and Chinese friends some love and call it "Peace Mission." Cuz if they let us DCS'ers run the world, the world would be at peace! Something, make it your own

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Couple of comments. Actually about a million comments but let's start with a couple.

1. We don't have to eat the whole buffet in a single sitting (not that I've haven't tried, many a time). First thing I would do is put up a poll here, see which of your ideas generate the most interest. Which, around here, will likely be the ones that generate the most long-winded arguments :)

2. Think of a name, as "Top Gun Tournament" is already taken (scroll down to the 6th thread ;) ). Maybe name it after an large scale exercise like "Red Flag" or "Cobra Gold." Or show our Russian and Chinese friends some love and call it "Peace Mission." Cuz if they let us DCS'ers run the world, the world would be at peace! Something, make it your own

Naming things has never been a strong point for me. I'm open to suggestions, but the point is to find the best pilots in different categories and skills. This post in general is a kind of poll or way to show interest levels. I'm putting stuff out there and seeing what the interest is. If no one wants to participate, I'll just skip that event. As I said, I want this to be heavily influenced by the community which is why I also put a discord link open to anyone seeking discussion or more information, but no one seems to want to talk about things so far. This is my first go at doing something like this, so it will be a learning experience and probably have some failures and short comings. And I would like to clarify that it is open to everyone around the world, which is one of the reasons I am flexible on scheduling times for matches.

Thanks for your feedback.

My prediction is that the "top gun for cold war jets" will generate a lot of interest, and think the ground attack tournament concept is brilliant

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

My prediction is that the "top gun for cold war jets" will generate a lot of interest, and think the ground attack tournament concept is brilliant

I hope so. Those are the two I am most excited about. SATAL takes care of the modern jets for the most part, but I think a solo tournament could still be interesting for that. I'm working on the mission for the Attack Tournament now. So if anyone has interest, just join in the discord and let me know. Don't be scared.

I'll also need someone that flies the Ka-50 Blackshark to do a test run for me since there is a considerable speed difference and I want to make sure time to target isn't going to make it impossible for a Ka-50 to win.

Keep giving me feedback guys, I really appreciate it.