Switch Volume Increase

Drac

Is there anyway to increase the "switch volume"? In the options screen, I have it maxed out (I believe 300%), but can still barely hear the movement of the switch. Is there a sound folder where I can increase a number to make it louder?

Thanks...Drac

Well, you shouldn't really be able to hear switches, since the pilot is wearing a helmet and the sound of rushing air pretty much covers everything else in the cockpit while in flight.

If you still want to increase the volume beyond the level that DCS and/or your OS settings can help, you need to modify the sound files with a software like Audacity (it's free). They should be located in DCS\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Sounds\...\... Keep going and you'll find them. If they're not there, it means that they are generic switch sounds (not specific to the F-16)and they'll probably be located in DCS\Sounds\Aircrafts\Cockpits\.... Both directories refer to the DCS main installation folder. The paths might not be 100% exact, but that's what I remember off the top of my head. Look around, you'll find them. If you mess up something, run Repair and Cleanup.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro