SW radio question - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 05:46 PM   #11
Jarlerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
There are 3 radios in the Ka50. The Short Wave is one of them, but it is using a fixed frequency with no possibility to change it. Use it for communication within a flight.
I'm looking for (any) proof of this claim.
Do you have any?

If it can be proven, a smaller question would be: Why did SRS move it from their normal sets of radios to the "extended radios" option?

//Jarl
Jarlerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:12 PM   #12
streamcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
There are 3 radios in the Ka50. The Short Wave is one of them, but it is using a fixed frequency with no possibility to change it. Use it for communication within a flight.
AFAIK, the "three radios" in the Ka-50 does not refer to any HF radio.
One of them (called VHF-1) is the R-828 VHF for comms with ground forces, since they normally operate in that freq band (20-60 MHz).
The other two of them are the V/UHF R-800L1 and R-800L2, they are used for voice-comm and for the datalink. The L1 is the VHF-2 listed.

And no, by "ground forces" I do NOT mean "ground crew" - you communicate with those guys over the intercom.
streamcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #13
3WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlerus View Post
I'm looking for (any) proof of this claim.
Do you have any?

If it can be proven, a smaller question would be: Why did SRS move it from their normal sets of radios to the "extended radios" option?

//Jarl

You should ask this in the Russian forums. That's where the developers hang out. They can answer your question with full authority.

Just use some translation site like google translate or Yandex to ask your question in both English and Russian. You can then translate any answers in Russian with same.

I've had a lot of hard questions about the Ka-50 answered there.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:40 PM   #14
Jarlerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WA View Post
You should ask this in the Russian forums. That's where the developers hang out. They can answer your question with full authority.
Thanks, I'll do that.

//Jarl
Jarlerus is offline   Reply With Quote