When will runway lights be fixed?????

unknownaussie

so early on this year it was Feb or March ED Brought out a patch with new lighting ect and it broke the runway lights its now nearly october and there are still no runway lights during night-time which makes it extremely difficult to land in the last few weeks i have noticed all the spotlights and runway lights come on during the day so either someone has stuffed up or its a server side thing but why is something so important been ignored for so long? well i consider the ability to land safely during the night quite important

so early on this year it was Feb or March ED Brought out a patch with new lighting ect and it broke the runway lights its now nearly october and there are still no runway lights during night-time which makes it extremely difficult to land in the last few weeks i have noticed all the spotlights and runway lights come on during the day so either someone has stuffed up or its a server side thing but why is something so important been ignored for so long? well i consider the ability to land safely during the night quite important
What map? I have runway lights everywhere (unsure of Normandy actually, and I ain't got the Channel), but at least in the Caucasus you have to call up the ATC and let them know you're coming. Call ATC on correct frequency/airfield and call inbound. If they reply, they will turn on the lights. That's why they have those cars there. That's actually the light. Don't know why. But I believe I read is for saving power or something.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm unable to get any runway lights on at Gudauta, Sukhumi, Senaki, Kobuleti, Batumi or Kutaissi. Haven'tr tried others, but this clearly looks broken to me. Last time I saw them was one of the first 256 versions that ran absolutely abysmal.

I've only been playing night on Persian Gulf, but have the same problem. The whole town is lit-up like Christmas and there's a hole where the runway should be. Currently using NVG just to land and take off. :( Inbound calls make no difference.

I'm unable to get any runway lights on at Gudauta, Sukhumi, Senaki, Kobuleti, Batumi or Kutaissi. Haven'tr tried others, but this clearly looks broken to me. Last time I saw them was one of the first 256 versions that ran absolutely abysmal.

so i play on the server kirks hangar 2 and during the day at kutasi theres runway lights but at night nothing even when letting them know

• ED Team

I have asked for an update on this from the team.

Currently there is an issue with runway lights if you did not spawn from that runway, even when you use the radios to call inbound.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have asked for an update on this from the team.

Currently there is an issue with runway lights if you did not spawn from that runway, even when you use the radios to call inbound.

Ok i found out what i already thought it might be the problem

Runway lights work fine when the mission start time is in dawn/dusk/night condition

but get not switched on when it transitions from day into night

in the second case only the tarmac and taxi lights are getting switched on but not the rundway lights

this seems to be a DCS bug cause i can regenerate it with an empty mission in the editor

While we are at it can we talk about the light trucks that put searchlights onto the runway? Outside of the space shuttle landing sites this isn't something you ever see in the west. Is this really a thing in some parts of the world?

Also, I would recommend that some airfields just have their lights on all the time. Outside of small municipal airports the lights are just kept on at military fields and commercial airports.

• 2 weeks later...

Came here to say this. Aerobatics server. No rwy lights at night. Lights come on at dawn / daylight, next cycle.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• ED Team

Yes sorry about this, it has been a problematic bug. I have no news on this yet.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've been experiencing the same problem, and in addition I don't really want to use the ATC for this purpose, however realistic it might be.

Too much realism can get in the way sometimes. For example a user may not have audio turned on, or they may have some degree of hearing loss, or may have language difficulties... probably a few more possibilities I haven't thought of yet.

Yes, there are (incomplete) subtitles for (some of) the ATC transmissions, but that's not much help for anyone using a huge screen because they won't see those subtitles unless they're constantly looking over their left shoulder.

So what I would like to know is where to start looking for how to mod those runway lights to make them always turn on when it's after a certain time of day, the same way the building lights and street lights do.

There has to be some script that controls this. Maybe we could even make it that the lights can be turned on if we're less than some number of miles from the field and it's after a certain time, that way there's some element of that realism while also avoiding the need for extra complexity of having to handle ATC, and avoiding the "lights only at spawn point" bug.

I also can see that this bug could be a huge problem if the player doesn't start the mission on the ground.

Not being able to use the sim for night flying means I lose 50% of the experience.