Steps for a 3D Party addon

john_X

To give you a simplistic idea of what you need to develop a 3rd Party Add-on:

3d modeler

LUA coder(s)

Skinning artist

Manual writer

Someone who understands schematics of fule, electrical and hydraulic systems and then be able to code that.

Hope that helps.

Basically, you need to be a polytechnic engineer to make an Add-on! :wassat:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

...or a mathematician! But yes, to say it is not a highly technical job is a lie. If the sim is done properly, you can't avoid physics or engineering. Right now, I'm buried in the mathematics of hydraulic systems theory.

I'm currently re-writing the hydraulics logic so it models fluid dynamics as my current system just isn't written well (though the end result looks good, the way it is currently written is driving me totally crazy). Sure, I'll be making a bunch of assumptions to simplify the model, but then this is not some Masters project in CFD!! :D It will mean however that it is much easier to do things than they are presently.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

in my case,i am just a 3d modeller and skinning artist. more of this i can't do, but on my area i can do the best. i am looking now for people interested to help me to make a functional F-16 cockpit. I am providing the 3d exterior shape+skinning+animations, and the 3d cockpit+skinning, so i need somebody to animate the cockpit. This is a call so who feels able to make this laborious work, send me a PM. Conditions for making a team for a 3D Party will be discussed in private.

PS. The one who offers to help me will decide which F-16 version we will develop and he will get the double seater too.

Edited by john_X

OH, considering all that, I understand better why works takes some times when speaking about DCS. I didn't imagine ALL was ACTUALLY simmed under the 'hood', deep in the codes. There is no 'cheat' and no 'easy ways'.

Great Respect to ED and über Respect for fast learner 3rd Parties. (And good luck).

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Well you could jump in and do an FC level aircraft fairly simply.

Using the A-10 HUD and MFCD'S.

To get to DCS clickable cockpit and systems and failures and flight model takes a fair bit of coding "under the hood".

you mean to use the A-10 cockpit, or to model my cockpit around the A-10 HUD and MFCD?

Actually I don't believe so. (I'm pretty sure I'm further along with indicators than anyone else in 3rd parties or modders, so here's my take...) There are too many display functions kept in A-10C DLLs that would preclude their use unless you wanted to put your F-16 directly over the A-10 model and have a top speed of ~400 knots.

Edited by aaron886

Lol yeah there are some big legal issues doing it, but it was an example that it can be done to get a personal mod working.

There's a fair bit of jiggery pokery to get it working but a lot less complex than building your own.

ok, so it's hard... i was wondering, is fc3 going to have the same clickable cockpits as dcs? because if not and will be the same as in fc2, i believe that it should be taken into consideration another type of module for those who want new aircraft mods for fc3 with fc3 cockpits(no clickable), else we are going to have the same arcraft mods for fc3 with no functional cockpit, or flying for example a F-16 with mig-29 cockpit. this is my personal idea, i only want to know what do you guys think?