Adding the Mi-8 to another country

Hello!

I've been looking for help as I would love to add a third party Mi-8 skin (that of the Hungarian Air Force) to Hungary. By installing the skin, it "defaults" to Russia. However, I would love to add it to Hungary.

The problem, however, is that in DCS, Hungary does not have the Mi-8 listed as an available unit.

Fine. I found information that one needs to edit the ...Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua file, adding a line to the desired country, as described in the below thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181434

So I added the Mi-8 to Hungary that way.

However, after doing all this, DCS simply won't launch. Any chance someone knowledgeable knows what is the issue?

I've been using the latest version of Open Beta,

You have probably screwed something up in the lua, missed a full stop, or a comma, any slight error and the game fails. The syntax has to be perfect.

Go back and look at what you did again, check the lines either side to make sure they all look the same, it will be something very simple. Check also where you copied the line from, you might have left something there that should not be there any more.

Be aware that when the game updates all that will be replaced by a vanilla game version of the lua again, so you might want to look at a JSGME Mod to change the lua after each update.