DCE Campaigns - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #41
PB0_CEF

I tested Cristofer campaigns on Caucasus and it's the same problem ! So it seems to come from the map itself ...
PB0_CEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #42
Falcaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
I tested Cristofer campaigns on Caucasus and it's the same problem ! So it seems to come from the map itself ...
Thanks for the update PB0, I unfortunately haven't had time to look into it further.
Falcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #43
Ekpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcaw View Post
Fercyful confirmed the same problem. Fixed and uploaded the new file. If you just redownload the campaign it should be fine now. Was a problem in Camp_triggers_init.lua, it was throwing an unexpected character error on line 1. But I couldn't find any such character or problem with the file. I resaved the file and now it works. I uploaded the new version. Deleted the version on my PC, downloaded and tested. Should be fine now.

Let me know if you have further problems.

Still had that problem after i redownloaded.
I opened Camp_triggers_init.lua in notepad++ and didn't find a problem.
But than I opened the file in eclipse and there where some strange symbols in front of the first line. After removing these and saving the first mission generation works but didn't test the first mission yet.
Ekpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:34 AM   #44
Bad_Karma-701

THanks I was wondering where DCE had the campaigns listed and what was available.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #45
PB0_CEF

Be careful : all Caucasus campaigns are not working anymore but a fix may be available soon ...
Old 06-10-2018, 05:35 PM   #46
DrKamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB0_CEF View Post
Be careful : all Caucasus campaigns are not working anymore but a fix may be available soon ...
Temporary fix here, haven't tested it yet. Would love to see if it works but can't until I'm home in a bit.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=757

Supposed to reduce the workload by pruning units that aren't close to the action.

But of course you know this, wanna make this visible for others though.

Last edited by DrKamikaze; 06-10-2018 at 05:43 PM.
DrKamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #47
PB0_CEF

An other bug (which can explain the FPS loss) : many aircraft spawn on the same place on Caucasus airbases ... it seems to be an ED issue.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #48
Tomsk

So I finally got time to implement a proper parking assignment system, it's working well for me, no more explosions. Parking assignment by itself seems to do nothing for the framerate, however the 'pruning' script I mentioned earlier does improve things dramatically.

Here's the file you'll need, it includes both fixes (parking & pruning):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bR...ew?usp=sharing

And the description from the README inside:

Quote:
These two scripts fix various aspects of the MBot campaigns:

1. The campaign generates too many units and this leads to very poor DCS performance.
2. The campaign doesn't assign parking, so DCS often parks aircraft on top of each other .. causing chaos.

Installation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Inside this zip are an 'Init' folder and a 'Scripts' folder. The contents of these should be merged with
the existing 'Init' and 'Scripts' folder for the DCE campaign. For example, my campaign folder is:

C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta 2.5\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\FA18 over Caucasus-Multirole

Inside this folder are an 'Init' and a 'Scripts' folder. Paste the folders in this zip over those
folders, overwriting any files that are already there.

2. Inside the scripts folder locate the file MAIN_NextMission.lua and open it in a text editor (for example
Notepad++).

Search for the line containing:

dofile("Scripts/ATO_FlightPlan.lua")

And *underneath* that line add:

dofile("Scripts/ATO_Parking.lua")

THEN search for the line:

dofile("Scripts/DC_Briefing.lua")

and underneath that line add:

dofile("Scripts/DC_Prune.lua")

3. Run the FirstMission.bat or the SkipMission.bat to generate a new mission. Until you've done that the
changes won't have any effect.

4. Fly your new mission and hopefully enjoy a faster, less exploding, DCS.

Last edited by Tomsk; 06-16-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #49
GoshawkBall

Whenever I finish a mission in the Desert F-18 campaign I get this error message and the campaign doesnt advance (the same exact mission next time.) Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCEerror.png
Views:	218
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	187711  
GoshawkBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:32 PM   #50
Kortiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshawkBall View Post
Whenever I finish a mission in the Desert F-18 campaign I get this error message and the campaign doesnt advance (the same exact mission next time.) Any ideas?

Same here playing F-18's Caucasus campaign.

I used Tomsk's fix and it indeed ran and I didn't have any issue until I quit. Then I got this message and no CMD prompt to accept/refuse the mission's results.
Kortiah is offline   Reply With Quote