Nvidia 1070 with low FPS

ionious

Hi All,

I'm encountering very frustrating performance results on DCS especially with the Mig21.

These are my specs:

• Asus Maximus Formula VIII
  • Intel 6600K
  • Asus Strix 1070
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
  • WD Blue 1TB

With the P51 module the FPS I'm getting is between 30fps and 50fps depending on whether I'm flying over rural or urban environment. The Mig21 is giving me a mere 10-20fps and it gets worse when another mig is flying nearby. :doh:

My benchmarks are 13,586 on 3DMark Firestrike and my clock speeds are being maintained during my OC.

Is there someone who can shed some light on this issue please? Perhaps feedback from other 1070 owners.

Hi All,

I'm encountering very frustrating performance results on DCS especially with the Mig21.

These are my specs:

• Asus Maximus Formula VIII
  • Intel 6600K
  • Asus Strix 1070
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
  • WD Blue 1TB

With the P51 module the FPS I'm getting is between 30fps and 50fps depending on whether I'm flying over rural or urban environment. The Mig21 is giving me a mere 10-20fps and it gets worse when another mig is flying nearby. :doh:

My benchmarks are 13,586 on 3DMark Firestrike and my clock speeds are being maintained during my OC.

Is there someone who can shed some light on this issue please? Perhaps feedback from other 1070 owners.

Same for almost everyone, latest patches have big fps drop on mig.

both dcs versions effected:(

Also, keep in mind that:

a) at the moment, DCS brings to knees even much more powerful configs if one is too optimistic with eyecandy settings. Synthetic benchmark results are completely irrelevant here, as they usually are in other simulators as well. Whether version 2.5 will bring better optimization, remains to be seen;

b) MiG is amongst most hardware-taxing modules in DCS, while P-51 is just the opposite.

That being said, You've got a hefty card over there, CPU maybe not so much anymore, but still, better frames are possible. More info about settings You use is required, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1.5 especially is not even using my 1080 up to 50% in many scenarios while putting out less then maximum FPS my panel supports, so well, I would say the DCS engine is to blame and not a module with high res textures and high poly count.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I just recently got a 1080, and can confirm what microvax says. However, DCS 2.0 is a different picture, with improved fps across the board. Here's hope that the merged DCS 2.5 will improve even further, including the - by then - much improved Caucasus map.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

impressed by the quick feedback - really appreciate it!

Those fps figures are based on Medium settings without vsync. I've played around with them and overall they still give rates that are disappointing for the specs that I have.

Unrelated to DCS, prepar3d shows around 60fps with a PMDG aircraft and all settings maxed out.

I even deinstalled 1.5 waiting for the merged version. I am using VR and Caucasus map is not usable because of performance. But DCS 2.0 is a different story. Much faster even over Vegas. The card is 1080, but CPU also matters. Mig 21 give a serious load also to CPU. So I can fly this module fairly well only in the almost empty world.

That is so disappointing to hear. It's crazy that I have to wait until the next version of DCS to come out :/

I checked the product pages and it indicated that DCS 2 requires NTTR but so does the NTTR page...Is it possible to use DCS 2 without the NTTR module? Perhaps I could test my system in it.

Right. Not possible just yet. However, If (that's a big IF) they manage to release the 2.5 version before end of the year, You won't have to wait for improved terrain rendering engine all that long - we're nearing October already ;).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...

[solved]

Good news!

I've recently had both a graphics card and DCS update.

One of these was responsible for making my 1070 work nicely with DCS :thumbup: enjoying 190fps on medium and constant 60fps with everything maxed out :)