Wheel brake sound

agentkgb

Hi,

After updating to DCS 1.2.6.18933 Update 2, the wheel brake sound is completely removed.

Also the volume of the radio is way too low, when I radio to ATC/whatever, I hear only some whispering as my radio sound, and the same is true for answering side aswell.

- KGB -

Edited by agentkgb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The wheel brake sound is not really removed, but a) very quiet (you can hear it from the outside) and b) by far more reduced from the original quality, which included a very distinctive hydraulic hiss. From the Mi-8 YouTube vids I saw, the original sound (before this patch) was spot on!

Maybe a modder can mod this previous sound back? Greatly appreciated!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The wheel brake sound is not really removed, but a) very quiet (you can hear it from the outside) and b) by far more reduced from the original quality, which included a very distinctive hydraulic hiss. From the Mi-8 YouTube vids I saw, the original sound (before this patch) was spot on!

Maybe a modder can mod this previous sound back? Greatly appreciated!

If you open your windows you can hear once again this incredible sound, but if you close the windows the sound is very low.

It's the case of the brake, with windows open we can hear the sound clear and loud and when you close the windows you can hear again but very low level.

About the engine sound inside the cockpit I don't know because the videos give us one sound amplified et with distortion...

Bye, Skull.

I'm not for one sound mod because BST have recorded the real sound inside and outside the real Mi-8 (watch the video of the making off)...

Well, the idea for a modder would be to restore the original sound as it was before the patch, which was perfect. Not sure why the patch degraded that sound so much into the background, removing its distinction completely.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

rrohde

I have not up dated to the second patch yet but this might help. Go to

world/mod/aircraft/mi-8mtv2/sounds/sdef/aircraft/mi-8mtv2/....

there should be two files (mi8 wheel break on - mi8 wheel break off)

open the file with notepad ++ and you should see Gain. 1st release was set

gain=0.2 Try changing it to where you like.

I will agree that it is probably a little loud but I like to hear the breaks to. I

plan on up dating this weekend. If there is any thing differentIll let you know.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

About the sound effects I think that the sound of the wheel break is more loud in the reality.

I've discovered this link: http://www.htpostrava.cz/

At this link we can watch few short video: http://www.htpostrava.cz/tv

In this video we can hear the sound of the wheel break at 1:33 :

Please can you tell me that you think of the sound from this video ?

Bye, Skull.

Yes, the brake system can be clearly (and loudly) heard from within the cockpit in real life, that's why it was perfect before the patch.

Check this video at 4:18 onward for a couple of brake squeezes:

I set the gain in game to gain level=0.6, and it's now barely audible when the engines are running. Guess it still needs to be increased for the sake of realism.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Also, in this video, you can see (and hear) the pilot priming (?) the brakes, right at the beginning:

Belsimtek should add this as well. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hello rrohde,

I would like to thank you for your explanation and your link, in the real life it's clear that the wheel brake is loud inside the cockpit and also in flight...

I've edit with Notepad++ my two files:

"Mi8WheelBrakeOff.sdef"

"Mi8WheelBrakeOn.sdef"

I've increased the gain level=.05 and after 1.5 but if with "external view" or "with the window open" the sound is very loud once inside my cockpit and with the windows closed the sound is really low.

Before the last upgrade the sound was not affected by the windows open or closed, the sound of the wheel brake was always the same.

I think that we can change the gain as we want with Notepad++ but when we close the windows the sound is always too low.

If I increase again the gain it's perfect in the cockpit with the windows closed but in external view the sound is very too loud...

I think that we must wait one fix from the part of Belsimtek because if all the sounds are more low when we close the windows, the weel brake and trim sound are too slow with the windows close.

But all the sounds (Wind, Engine, APU, etc) is perfect with the windows close or open, just a problem or bug with the weel brake and trim sound...

If you have a solution it's perfect, bye. Skull