Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

Another thing that cant help this is that people have different interpupillary distance which I dont think the OR caters for?

You can get around some of the stuff I believe in the pre-warp portion of the utility where you can force it to align as needed through utility configuration.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I am lucky, I have never had any issues converging images though I wouldnt want to do some bad ones for a long time.

I just downloaded the dev kit SDK so I will have a look around. I have some software ideas myself I might play around with.

My guess is that they'll be used to do something like the Leap or the Kinect where they reconstruct a point cloud of what is seen to be used as further positional information for hands. I don't envision them using it for too much augmented reality though as the latency time to process would be too much. Having a Leap in the headset makes sense though for hand position tracking.

If one buys into the Dev kit now are you entitled to the Consumer version upon release or do you need to buy that too?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If one buys into the Dev kit now are you entitled to the Consumer version upon release or do you need to buy that too?

No, why would they give you $600 in hardware for the price of $300? Someone needs to be paying for the hardware in order for it to exist.

Edited by BHawthorne

The consumer version will be cheaper and better.

One would sincerely hope so. Not so much bothered with the current price-point......It's the quality that's the clincher. That said, with no consideration for purchasing the Dev kit I'm more than happy to wait for the consumer version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting vid:

R0-dsbeasgA&feature=youtu.be

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know there is only one roller coaster simulator still going and they are opengl.. Maybe if they get their A in to G they could support it.

This as well as the small personal motion platform would also make for some OR fun :)

or make you puke, but hey... that's what we want!

This is my best oculus demo so far... No 3d glasses that dimmed the image. Just nice stereoscopic 3d thats nice and bright and high res. Even if the image is somewhat smaller :)

With moments of nothing to do just before picking up the kids I drew this on the computer an d cut it on the laser so I could see the haven demo on the phone :)

cardboardor.jpg.ae975552945cbb07b77c84d825bf4b20.jpg

This is my best oculus demo so far... No 3d glasses that dimmed the image. Just nice stereoscopic 3d thats nice and bright and high res. Even if the image is somewhat smaller :)

With moments of nothing to do just before picking up the kids I drew this on the computer an d cut it on the laser so I could see the haven demo on the phone :)

Yeah, the future of smartphone gaming:

ilikelowtech.....:lol:

Action After Contemplation

I got the 2 images pretty lined up ( in my Rift) for my eye's where I'm not cross-eyed, but with no head tracking... it will mess up your senses. Can't wait to get this working correctly with full head tracking!

Keep posting in this thread for support... without voices it will not happen!

Flim: You really got DCS to run in stereoscopic 3D? How so? Iz3D? Did you give Vireio a try? Did it work? Saw you on mtbs3d forums too, perhaps we could get Cyberreality interested in testing and debugging DCS with his driver? Of course, our ultimate goal should be native support from DCS itself, be it via patch or via a module.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.