INS Bombing Problem (Bug?)

SharpeXB

Trying to do the training mission

Having these problems:

REC VAL and BAD lights are not coming on when I approach the IP

INS update button will not function to update the IP

Bombs are releasing as soon as I press the trigger instead of on the release cue.

PS I see the bomb release bug has already been reported.

What about the INS update? Is that a bug?

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Still wondering if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong

When doing the training mission in either Caucuses or Nevada, the INS update doesn’t function.

Is there something not being explained in the tutorial?

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 11 months later...

I get the VAL and REC lights once I hit the position update at the IP. I do not get the BAD light. It seems to work regardless but the BAD waypoint is true to its namesake because it is always a few hundred yards off my intended target. Plus, the instant release when the trigger is pulled compounds the inaccuracy.

INS Update in PI mode is also broken, it should update position of IP when doing INS update without clicking on VAL (Target Cross should be set to where you did the update) but it doesn't. Workaround is to click on VAL to validate the update before passing over IP. Other workaround is to disable INS Drift in game options (if not enforced in the mission).

BAD do not illuminate indeed and i'm not sure it should be.

Keep in mind that ruler in F10 (or mission editor) doesn't provide tenth of degrees precision for BAD True heading input (theta). This added to INS Update issue added to release when trigger is pulled makes PI bombing not accurate unless using GBU.

If you want to fly the Mirage currently, you have to know all workarounds for bugs around Radar, INS, WSC,.... And it's becoming a long list ;)

Edited by Steph21