Yet Another "Upgrade Advice" Post

Going to go with a new PSU and the RX580. I just ran a quick test, and looking at the Performance tab on task manager, CPU is under 5%, while GPU is pegged at 100% when I'm flying around. Strange, though, the GPU is pegged a 100% even when the game is paused. Does this make sense?

Going to go with a new PSU and the RX580. I just ran a quick test, and looking at the Performance tab on task manager, CPU is under 5%, while GPU is pegged at 100% when I'm flying around. Strange, though, the GPU is pegged a 100% even when the game is paused. Does this make sense?

My apologies for my part in your thread going south. Der Hirte is correct here, you're seeing a gpu limitation, indicating a gpu upgrade being the most sure form of performance increase.

Bottlenecks are finicky. Upgrading one component may shift the balance from gpu limitation to cpu limitation, which could be just one single core maxing out, which will only be a percentage of total cpu usage. Display resolution being a big factor here. Hope you enjoy your new hardware.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

GPU I would definitely go Nvidia.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|