Leading and trailing edge devices complete aerodynamic simulation is missing

Hello,

Since I have been playing with the Su-25T in Lock On FC1, I was able to see that this plane had slats (leading edge fowled devices), but I never tried to investigate how they affect the aerodynamics of that aircraft and later on, on all airplanes in DCS. I am quite surprised to see that even today, even after testing the F-18, which I must confess that after the tests I've done at various AoA and Beta, it is the most well simulated airplane in terms of aerodynamics (better than any other supersonic fighter jet in DCS), reason why I personally congratulate the engineers who worked on it's FM.

So far, from all ED modules, ONLY the F-18C correctly simulates an opposite roll due to yaw at negative lift (thing which I've been discussing for years that is missing for both the F-15C and the Su-27/33 also) and also correctly simulates the maximum lift coefficient at around 2.1 at 35 AoA as well as the drag coefficient at around 1.2 close to 90 AoA!

But, the droops/slats and flaps that all these aircraft have, only seem to be there as a visual effect without affecting the critical AoA? The F-5 and the F-18 are planes that can fly with the leading edge devices forced in either retracted or deployed position irrespective of flaps position, but even after all these years the critical angle of attack does not vary with neither the leading or the trailing edge devices deflections. The trailing edge down deflections always reduce the critical AoA while the leading edge down devices will always increase the critical AoA. The overall amounts of increase/decrease of the stall AoA should depend on the types of devices being used. The only thing that seems to be simulated is the global Cm (pitching moment coef.) which becomes negative (for symmetrical airfoils) or more negative (for already cambered airfoils). So, only this has been so far simulated regarding the effects of the leading edge devices. I don't know if the drag vs AoA and lift vs AoA functions suffer any changes with leading edge devices deflection. With the trailing edge yes, this occurs, but I can't tell the same for the leading edge ones.

Shouldn't the engineers that make flight models know aerodynamics inside out?

How could it be that the critical AoA doesn't vary at all with slats/droops and flaps? I'm not the one to tell anyone how this must happen! I do know for myself! It's the obligation of those who make flight models to simulate everything that can be simulated, and this shouldn't be a tremendous task though..., to simulate the critical AoA variation with leading and trailing edge devices.

I'm someone believes I don't say the truth, then step out and please correct me and prove that it's otherwise.

Regards!

Edited by Maverick Su-35S
I mistakenly introduced the Su-25 in the context instead of the F-18. Furthermore I completed some details.

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!