Spitfire Take Off "problem"

Hello world,

i have a little problem here, i can start from C&D and taxi but everytime i take some speed with the plane i see my rudder pedals moving by itself into the cockpit.

I checked the axes, key bindings.

I can't take off at all... :cry:

Any ideas? :helpsmilie:

My Flight Sim YouTube Channel Win10 x64 Pro • i7 7700k (delided) • Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH • 32Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws IV 2400 • Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero • Creative Sound Blaster Z • Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Go • WD Velociraptor 1To • Seagate Barracuda 4To • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w • Phanteks PH-TC14PE /TM Hotas Warthog /Vkb T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV /Track iR 5 & Traclip Pro

Hello world,

i have a little problem here, i can start from C&D and taxi but everytime i take some speed with the plane i see my rudder pedals moving by itself into the cockpit.

I checked the axes, key bindings.

I can't take off at all... :cry:

Any ideas? :helpsmilie:

disable take-off assistance

Go to the DCS start up screen and select settings. In the "Special" screen go to the Spitfire section and oyu will have a setting for Auto-Rudder and also Takeoff Assist. It will be much harder to keep it on the runway with 0% Takeoff assist and no Auto-rudder but that is the way most of us do it.

slyfly

Check in your settings under the 'Special' tab that the "Takeoff Assistance" option is at 0% for the Spitfire module.

Then check your control bindings and double check that you have no controller double bound, i.e. operating the rudder and another control system simultaneously.

Bon chance!

Thanks for all your replies, the auto rudder was off but the TO assist was @ 100%, i put it to 0 and i'll try again later

My Flight Sim YouTube Channel Win10 x64 Pro • i7 7700k (delided) • Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH • 32Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws IV 2400 • Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero • Creative Sound Blaster Z • Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Go • WD Velociraptor 1To • Seagate Barracuda 4To • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w • Phanteks PH-TC14PE /TM Hotas Warthog /Vkb T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV /Track iR 5 & Traclip Pro

i tried everything, checked everyhing, even when i don't move my IRL pedals (VKB T-Tudder mk IV) and when the ingame pedals don't move the plane turns and i can't takeoff...

i tried everything, checked everyhing, even when i don't move my IRL pedals (VKB T-Tudder mk IV) and when the ingame pedals don't move the plane turns and i can't takeoff...

well, you need to counteract the torque...

That's totally normal for tail dragger aircraft. It's called "P factor" and causes the plane to swing to the side when you increase throttle.

Apply power S L O W L Y and try taking off with about half throttle. You need to be VERY active on the rudder pedals to keep the airplane straight. Be prepared for large pitching motions after takeoff and when you retract gear/flaps.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Are you saying you don't use the rudder pedals at all during take off?

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying, because he wasn't aware of the effects of P-factor.

No guys, i am aware of this effect you call the P-factor, my english isn't good enough and i didn't knew it before you mention it. I tried to take off without any rudder because to test the plane and the TO assist, for an experience to see what would happen.

Thanks to you, i know i don't have any pedal problem, so i'm going to apply your advices and use the rudder and slowly adjust the throttle.

i got tje F-5E and the A-10C, i'll get this beautifull spitfire, and then the F/A-18C :)

Roger that Cromhunt, and thanks DD_Fernrir :)

That's totally normal for tail dragger aircraft. It's called "P factor" and causes the plane to swing to the side when you increase throttle.

Actually, P-factor only comes into effect once the plane picks up speed (the exact cause for P-factor is that while the plane is in 3 point attitude, the left and right side of the prop disc experience greatly different angles of attack and this causes one side of the disc to produce way more thrust). Yawing at low speed is caused by the helical slipstream hitting the rudder, plus the inherent instability of the taildragger design (center of mass behind the main wheels).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Actually, P-factor only comes into effect once the plane picks up speed (the exact cause for P-factor is that while the plane is in 3 point attitude, the left and right side of the prop disc experience greatly different angles of attack and this causes one side of the disc to produce way more thrust). Yawing at low speed is caused by the helical slipstream hitting the rudder, plus the inherent instability of the taildragger design (center of mass behind the main wheels).

Huh. I thought "P-factor" included the helical slipstream effects.