How to Edit Normal Maps for DCS World?

==Wiggy==

Hello all. I need some help. Is there a guide to editing Normal maps in DCS? I've only created them for P3D in the past, and clearly they are not done the same way. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Been searching without a clear answer as to 'How' to created bump maps for DCS...I don't mean how to create them in general. I mean once I create them using the Nvidia plugin for PS, do I need to do anything to the RGB layers? For example, in FSX/p3D once you create the bumps, you needed to invert the green channel, make the Alpha Channel the same as the RED channel, then turn the RED channel all black and the Blue channel all white. This was the process. Is there any similar process or do I just use the bumps as converted by the plugin? Any insight would be very helpful!

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I do know how to create them. I use the NVIDIA plugin for PS. My question is, once you have the raw output, is that all that is needed or do I need to do anything else to the RGB channels first before saving them as a bump? In FSX/P3D for example, you needed to take the RED channel and make it the Alpha Channel etc. as described above. Do I need to do similar in DCS? Or am I good to go once the raw output is created?

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut